FS: one (1) Danley DTS-10

Coytee

as a side note...I go to Nashville about once every three months.  I also go to Atlanta from time to time to visit family so that might widen the circle if/as anyone is interested. (Heading to Atlanta (Covington) this coming Friday)

It's not a matter of hearing it.  It's a matter of feeling it.

If it will make you feel satisfied, I can bring it down to Covington with me....meet up with you, drop all (approximately) 300 pounds of its weight on your hand and smash it.  You will then be able to say that you totally felt a Danley and it was awesome!

Thoughts??

:o

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Coytee said:

It's not a matter of hearing it.  It's a matter of feeling it.

Well, I should have clarified.....I definitely feel my quad RSW-15's....just wonder how a single DTS-10 compares to what I have now.  I would like to be able to hit the single digits so I'm likely looking to go to an IB setup sometime down the road.  I'm sure the DTS-10 sounds awesome though...heard nothing but great things about them.  Had an installer say he uses a single Danley sub for a church worship center.  That's pretty impressive output.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ok, let's be honest...how many people do you know that are ok with having a subwoofer larger than your coffee table?  That's the real issue.  The market for those size subs is much smaller than those desiring conventional subs.  Not to mention, it's pretty unpractical to ship it so that narrows it down even further.  You just have to be patient.  The right person will come along in due time.

Maybe there is a side benefit...  my wife is helping a neighbor (neighbor is a contractor) finish a remodel of a fancy house in town.  He's got a dedicated HT room (dark walls, dim side lights, raised platform.....  but I gotta say, he's also got tiny-azz speakers!)

Anyway, now that she's seen how he's had his room built with the riser...  I can explain it much better to her and perhaps do something like that here (not getting my hopes up though)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2017 at 8:45 PM, Coytee said:

Maybe there is a side benefit...  my wife is helping a neighbor (neighbor is a contractor) finish a remodel of a fancy house in town.  He's got a dedicated HT room (dark walls, dim side lights, raised platform.....  but I gotta say, he's also got tiny-azz speakers!)

Anyway, now that she's seen how he's had his room built with the riser...  I can explain it much better to her and perhaps do something like that here (not getting my hopes up though)

Good Luck....Laying down as a riser it would make a nice home for cats... until you turn it on.

Maybe some people have had a bad experience with home brew subs. I know I have.   Bought one from a trusted forum member, He could not remember exactly what was in side but took a guess and then suggested I call the one who built it or take off the cover. Well I tried taking out the screws and still could not remove the cover. I called the builder and he thinks, maybe , kind of , possible he used the "wrong " type of material to seal the door and it possibly could have, maybe glued itself.   I learned my lesson.... trust no one, check it out thoroughly, if it should come apart take it apart..... lesson learned. I have to go now time for my meds.

3 hours ago, whatever55 said:

Good Luck....Laying down as a riser it would make a nice home for cats... until you turn it on.

Maybe some people have had a bad experience with home brew subs. I know I have.   Bought one from a trusted forum member, He could not remember exactly what was in side but took a guess and then suggested I call the one who built it or take off the cover. Well I tried taking out the screws and still could not remove the cover. I called the builder and he thinks, maybe , kind of , possible he used the "wrong " type of material to seal the door and it possibly could have, maybe glued itself.   I learned my lesson.... trust no one, check it out thoroughly, if it should come apart take it apart..... lesson learned. I have to go now time for my meds.

I wouldn't categorize this as a home brew.  Correct me if I'm wrong Richard but this is a turn key kit directly from the manufacturer.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I wouldn't categorize this as a home brew.  Correct me if I'm wrong Richard but this is a turn key kit directly from the manufacturer.

I never said his was a home brew....   just some thoughts on why no bytes.... and hopefully he can elaborate on the construction. Danley did sell this in kit form a couple of times.......

GLWTS