Chilly, so Chili!

Mallette

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Now I get it that you grew up in Arkansas.  But don't push it, you were close enough to Texas to know better.

Don't EVEN go there, good friend, or I'll pan your hot sauce and you'll never set any smoked petins...and quit even thinking about a toaster.

I am a Texarkana baby with a dad who was a west Texas cowboy and a mom who was an Arkansas hillbilly ("we'd still be up there if FDR hadn't built a road in...") who lived in Texas in El Paso, Big Spring, Wichita Falls, DFW, and Houston for 45 years.  Actually, my family lived in Texarkana, Texas when I was born.  Just happened they'd been living in DeQueen, AR when I was conceived and had already paid the hospital for my birth.  Hence an Arkansas birth certificate.  I have dual citizenship and very proud of BOTH.  There are few Texas-born with anywhere as much exposure to Texas and it's food than Dave.  So there, Mr. Don't Get Out Much Texan.  :P

Dave 

Might add I've been to Terlingua.  Some of that stuff is a disgrace.  Granted, some awesome as well.  Wick Fowler's recipe is acceptable.  Shelby's is decent.  Both were winners and I've had, and probably made, better.  Food isn't a competition for me.  Just a pleasure!  And, especially so when someone else is cooking it. 

Dave

LOL.  Yeah I haven't been anywhere.  I do however have one more bottle of Reaper Madness II if you are inclined.  I mean of course inclined to pan it.

Food isn't competition to me either, because judges don't deserve what I serve up.

If anyone else wants to beat Dave to the last bottle of the season for Reaper Madness, let me know.  The clock is ticking.