"New" Receiver for my Heresy II's

lakedmb

I've been using a wonderful Pioneer SX-770 for the past five years with my Heresy II's.  While I love this combination, I have been curious about all the praise older Harman Kardon receivers get around here.  So, I picked up an HK 730 locally and have been enjoying some of my favorite tunes.  This unit packs some serious power!  

The treble seems a little stronger on the HK than the Pioneer, but that could just be in my head.  I'm planning to set both units up and comparing them next weekend when I have a little more time.  

Overall, I'm very pleased with the unit and how clean the music sounds coming from my Heresy's.  

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 4:02 PM, lakedmb said:

I've been using a wonderful Pioneer SX-770 for the past five years with my Heresy II's.  While I love this combination, I have been curious about all the praise older Harman Kardon receivers get around here.  So, I picked up an HK 730 locally and have been enjoying some of my favorite tunes.  This unit packs some serious power!

The treble seems a little stronger on the HK than the Pioneer, but that could just be in my head.  I'm planning to set both units up and comparing them next weekend when I have a little more time.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the unit and how clean the music sounds coming from my Heresy's.

Rated at 40 watts minimum both channels driven into 8 ohms.  It is a combination of TWO things you hear:  TRUE TWIN POWER...and ultra-wide band frequency response (4hz-140khz)...a combo nobody else offered at anywhere CLOSE to the price range of the H/K twin-powered receiver line.  Here is a vintage ad for the 430 and 730:

HK-ad1.png

• Like 3

I like LOTS of H/K stuff (but not ALL of it!)...always have...eventual goal is to also have Citation II and V units...but pretty pricey for me right now.  Keep in mind I was listening to lots of stuff from all manufacturers back when it was new on the market...1960's to now.  H/K was one of the leaders of the pack at supplying much more bang for the buck than most other manufacturers even came close to providing...all throughout the late 1950's into the late 1970's.

430 and 730 were introduced at same time together a few years after the 630 and 930.  When the 730 came out, production ceased on the 630, but the 930 remained in production.  There was never a 530 that I know of.  The original 330 was not a twin-powered unit...not sure about the 330C model, though.  The 330 had at least two follow on models, the 330B and the 330C.