Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

the economy and many food shops benefit when the munchies kick in 😵💫🥘🧆🍟🍗

Just stopped and got a couple donuts for my coffee and wound up carrying a couple bags of pretzels with me up to the register.  Ya never know what might happen around here.  Afterall, pretzels do well with Heineken.   😂

8 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

HMMM..... None Germans  None Belgians , but the dutch   🤣 Welcome to the country of canabis 😅🤣

Yea, blame the Dutch.  It all started w/wooden shoes.  I get it.  😂

8 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Instead of going for the cheapest on offer, I now go to the official distributer's webshops and buy there (they too often have promotions so you can find a bargain easily!)

You can go that route but in the end you usually wind up paying more.  I deal with only one distributor.  My handy dandy independent record store.  Some of the "hot" groups like the Tedeschi Trucks Band I buy from their site on the presale.  I pay a lil more but I'm guaranteed a copy that way.  The shop gets them they're gone in the blink of an eye.  

I have very few boots in my collection.  I've got some great early Floyd boots that I cherish but they're boots.  Simple.  Resale value?  Blah.  It's the back story that makes them valuable to me.  

@MicroMarathat's a great Benson lp.  Smmmoooth.  I'm getting an itch for some Klugh and maybe some Bob James.  It'll sort.    :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Sounds like some soundtrack of some 70´s movie, or is it?

Ed.: Just saw, it is from the 70´s,  so it´s probably in some OST... 

On White Rabbit, George Benson, backed by notable jazz musicians such as Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Billy Cobham, Airto Moreira and Earl Klugh, who was only seventeen at the time, played soul jazz versions of hits of the time such as White Rabbit and California Dreamin' with Spanish touches, backed by producer Creed Taylor and arranger Don Sebesky with great orchestration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@MicroMara did you play this recently?  I used to have it, remember you played it a while back but forgot to get a replacement.  Then something jogged me and I remembered to order one.  Been a LONG time since I've hear this.  Thanks to whoever!  :)

20230422-145023.jpg

Have a new 3-disc album coming up.  Should be wild but I've got my pretzels.   😂

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@MicroMara did you play this recently?  I used to have it, remember you played it a while back but forgot to get a replacement.  Then something jogged me and I remembered to order one.  Been a LONG time since I've hear this.  Thanks to whoever!  :)

20230422-145023.jpg

Have a new 3-disc album coming up.  Should be wild but I've got my pretzels.   😂

Ja Dave I spun that last week  ,can´t remember right now and I got these from Weather Report as well , spun them and took a pic , know I know why 😂

2100749818_blackmarket1.thumb.jpg.1aa844a1947bb951bf0c0a52b3052d37.jpg

and Weather Report´s

weatherreport1.thumb.jpg.fed2e59c4749597f8b6cda0ae3016ac7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

There´s always a logic behind pretzel 😁

Correct!    Yea, thankies for that.  You played it a while back and I couldn't find it here.  So now I have one and maybe two of the same.  Ugh!   I prolly looked when you played it last week and I finally remembered.  That's a great part of this place.  Ya get that feel for someone's style.  Well, you guys do.  I just stir the pot.  😂

• Like 2

I saw this and jumped w/o question.  Yup, it's 2 songs in and he's draggin ya down with him already.  That voice, the guitar work, the gaggle behind him just solidify one fantastic show.  One very cool cat to say the least!

20230422-163620.jpg

Three discs of PROFESSIONAL in every way moooosic.  He's soooo darn good.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1