Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Picked this up on the advice from a friend after listening to a couple cuts on youtube.  The 25th anniversary of it's release and the first on vinyl.  Nice 180 gram double gatefold that's over before you know it.  It's a tough find for sure and I checked a few places for it and finally found it on Amazon @ about $10 more.  Bezos has enough money but I couldn't find it so there's that.  They only had 3 left after I picked up mine.  

20230710-210127.jpg

Dave Alvin - King of California

Some good stuff imo.  :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Full Range said:

@MicroMara

Hey George are you feeling better?

I am going to change amps and am negotiating on a Cyrus 8XP integrated with PSX-R

And will move on the Sansui gear along with a few components not being utilised 

Hey Paul thanx for asking, the medical cocktail does it´s job , but I recognize that without the medication the pain gets stronger again. Ja Cyrus is a great branch and develope great audio gear , as Sansui did . Looking forward to see the coming changes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Hey Paul thanx for asking, the medical cocktail does it´s job , but I recognize that without the medication the pain gets stronger again. Ja Cyrus is a great branch and develope great audio gear , as Sansui did . Looking forward to see the coming changes

I will keep you all updated in the coming weeks 

Just have a gut feeling that the Cyrus 8XP coupled to the seperate PSX-R will give the La Scala breathing space to work their magic 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

@MicroMara

Hey George are you feeling better?

I am going to change amps and am negotiating on a Cyrus 8XP integrated with PSX-R

And will move on the Sansui gear along with a few components not being utilised 

Ofcourse the new gear sounds nice... But I always slobbered over that Sansui! I guess it would be a waste of space and funds to put it into storage, no?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Ofcourse the new gear sounds nice... But I always slobbered over that Sansui! I guess it would be a waste of space and funds to put it into storage, no?

I may keep the Sansui AU717 / TU717 combo for a while, as someone may offer me crazy money 🤪 for them 

But I also have the baby of the range a Sansui AU117 / TU217 combo as a spare 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full Range HOARDER!  😂

That is true - wife says it a lot 

When I worked at the steelworks over 45 years ago I still have items that I brought home just in case I needed them to fix something 

And yes 80% of them have been used to fix or build something in those 45 years. So there 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Altering a quote from a TV series: "I´m a hoarder, wouldn´t You like to be a hoarder too?"

I'm sure I'll be cutting back again soon, we'll have to talk and then you could have more necessary stuff!

• Haha 3

Little update on my KGs:

I did a little search. Apparently MidWestSpeaker has/had a replacement woofer produced for the K-1005-K. Naturaly it´s out of stock, site says re-stock late June - really?

Price would be 99$ each on site. On their EBay page these go for 125$! (Sold out.)

Also waiting for the Chief. 🤘

Forgot: https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/home-audio/woofers/klipsch-1/mw-audio-mw-5010-10-inch-woofer/

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

20230713-164543.jpg

Wind Wuthering is the eighth studio album from Genesis released in December of 1977 and Steve Hackett's last with the group.  It was that crazy time but, in all, not a bad lp. 180 gram half-speed by Nick Davis released in 2008.

• Like 4

Today I spun a trio of 

Alice Cooper LPs 

I went to the Sydney Welcome To My Nightmare concert back in 1977

IMG-4494.jpg

And in between made a hybrid recipe damper bread and Greek rissoles to surprise the wife on her return from work 

Now she thinks I’m a champion 

IMG-4493.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Now I'm thinking about breakfast.  Food look's great.  Almost makes me want to spin some Bread but that's not happening.  :)

Three great Cooper lp's right there Paul and his shows back then were off the charts.  He's totally changed up his game now.  A Christian, still out touring and still has a great show.  He's packin 'em in and has an entirely new following in addition to his old.  Age and wisdom maybe?

• Like 3