Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

It's a burden in soooo many ways.  😂 

It's been moved by yours truly 4 times and has grown each time.  My daughters are going to take my name in vain with every armload when I'm gone.  Toss in the rest of the gear, a 200# butcher block, super heavy leather couch, and all the rest of the shrine. 

Yea, I'll be laffin.  That will be the test.  Keep it or sell it to some scrounge watnin to make a bundle.   The thought of starting when I was  about 12 and I'm still hooked.  Wild ride for sure.

Might just go with some old Motown today.  That's a crazy thought cause I wouldn't know where to start.  Hmmmm.   lol  Just keep feedin the machine brother.  😂

• Like 2

See what ya did @AndreG.?  I spun around w/every intention of pulling out some Motown and BAM there it was.  Such a great old album from Dr Hook!  Actually, one of my all-time favs from back in the day.  Trust me the gaggle I ran with had their favs.  At the top of the list was "Penicillin Penny."   "Scuse me but your name isn't Penny is it?"   :)

The group had a difficult time meeting the high expectations created by Sloppy Seconds, and the result was Belly Up!, which Huey noted "was unfortunately prophetic". The album was sold in the US, UK, Europe, and Canada. Dr. Hook was just as famed for their crazed stage antics, which ranged from surreal banter to impersonating their own opening acts, but the group's nonchalance about business matters led to bankruptcy. "If we were in the black when we finished a tour, we'd party into the red," says Locorriere. They were forced to file bankruptcy in 1974, although they continued to tour incessantly.

image.png

Ok, you started it.  This a MUST HAVE for your collection.  You wanna run with the devil check me out.  One fantastic song all-around.  Give it a listen and you'll know where I'm comin from.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPP1xkgjnA8

Wonder why youtube wouldn't let me embed it?  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Talking about collections.... I´m in the process of trying to sell my collection of Laser Discs. Anyone remember those, LPs pretending to be DVDs. I don´t want to think about the money I spend on buying those 25 years ago – And what litte I will get back now, if any...

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

See what ya did @AndreG.?  I spun around w/every intention of pulling out some Motown and BAM there it was.  Such a great old album from Dr Hook!  Actually, one of my all-time favs from back in the day.  Trust me the gaggle I ran with had their favs.  At the top of the list was "Penicillin Penny."   "Scuse me but your name isn't Penny is it?"   :)

The group had a difficult time meeting the high expectations created by Sloppy Seconds, and the result was Belly Up!, which Huey noted "was unfortunately prophetic". The album was sold in the US, UK, Europe, and Canada. Dr. Hook was just as famed for their crazed stage antics, which ranged from surreal banter to impersonating their own opening acts, but the group's nonchalance about business matters led to bankruptcy. "If we were in the black when we finished a tour, we'd party into the red," says Locorriere. They were forced to file bankruptcy in 1974, although they continued to tour incessantly.

image.png

Ok, you started it.  This a MUST HAVE for your collection.  You wanna run with the devil check me out.  One fantastic song all-around.  Give it a listen and you'll know where I'm comin from.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPP1xkgjnA8

Influence on Frank Zappa? Who was first?

• Haha 2