Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

A quick update on my broken cartridge the Audio Technica ATML170

@MicroMara would be interested in this development 

I have found a local (well the same state) technician to replace the broken canterlever with a new boron one and new diamond tip to original or better specs 

So hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

A quick update on my broken cartridge the Audio Technica ATML170

@MicroMara would be interested in this development 

I have found a local (well the same state) technician to replace the broken canterlever with a new boron one and new diamond tip to original or better specs 

So hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks 

sure it will have better specs than the origin and it´s always worth to invest some dollar in this vintage card 

• Like 4

Sorry for off topic .......

I've been back @home for 2 hours.  Unbelievable things happened to me today

So I'm on the train to Bad Eilsen in the Weserbergland and call there during the train ride to confirm the shuttle service from the train station to the rehab clinic. The clerk is completely surprised that I am on my way to Bad Eilsen, because he has no free room for me and tells me by phone that I was scheduled for February 13, 2024, as I have in writing, but that the appointment was canceled due to a missing confirmation of cost absorption by the pension insurance. He had already informed my health insurance company of this on February 5, 2024, but they did not inform me. They would have been obliged to do so!

When I called my health insurance company during the train journey, after I had to clarify the problem 4 times with 4 different clerks, I only got to hear "Sorry, something went wrong".

And ! ....Now neither the rehabilitation clinic, the pension insurance nor the health insurance company feels responsible for reimbursing me for the travel costs for the outward and return journey. Normally the pension insurance reimburses the costs for the train journey or similar. There was also an application in the correspondence, but this must be submitted to the DB at least 10 days before the start of the journey, but the letter from the rehabilitation clinic only reached me on 07.02.24, i.e. 6 days before the start of the journey, and I was forced to buy the tickets myself. During the rehab I could have applied to the pension insurance for reimbursement of costs, but as this rehab is not taking place now, logically I will not be reimbursed for the travel costs for a rehab that is not taking place!

I just say ... " German bureaucracy "  Now I have to wait for another invitation from the rehabilitation clinic .......

• Sad 7

Man that WOULD suck swamp water.  Sounds like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing once again.  The old hurry up and wait always leaves you scratching your head.  Grrrrrr.  

I got a call from my eye clinic yesterday.   I was in guinea pig mode one day and got involved in some eye study program.  They paid me 100$ to participate and all they did was take pics of my retina and do some lill air puff thingy, which was nothing.  Soooo, they said it had been 5 years since I did it and wanted me back to do the same test again.  NP they were going to give me 100$ again.  30 in fuel for the trip down and 70 for moving from chair to chair.  I can handle that.  💪😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

George... wow gRoWn :) Up$ in charge huh?

Dang Dave wish I could rake in the easy money like that! No experimental drugs, just that simple eye test with the puff of air?

Think they love you for all the bratwurst you take them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@JohnJ hahaha I've never taken them any.  Just kids doing a research study.  This new Snowy White lp is the schiit's.  Great lyrices and some great tunes.  Sure beats the CD's he usually drops.   Got the rig tweeked and soundin stellar!  Sun's out today so we go!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

@JohnJ hahaha I've never taken them any.  Just kids doing a research study.

Oh heck, got them mixed up with somebody you did that to the other year!

OT... and I'll get back to my Eddie Jobson listen!

• Like 4

Terence Charles "Snowy" White (born 3 March 1948) is an English guitarist, known for having played with Thin Lizzy (permanent member from 1980 to 1982) and with Pink Floyd (as a backing guitarist; he was first invited to tour with the band through Europe and the United States in 1977, and during The Wall shows in 1980), and more recently, for Roger Waters' band.[1] He is also known for his 1983 solo offering "Bird of Paradise", which became a UK Singles Chart Top 10 hit single.[2]

Still don't know him?   Sure ya do.  He's ALWAYS hangin w/the guns playin his gold top Les Paul and killin it.  I picked this copy up on Amazon and couldn't believe I got it.  Yea, he's THAT good.  His time w/Gary Moore stands out as does the time spent w/Roger Waters and the boys in Floyd.  Ya better get ya some!  You KNOW what's good!   He's gonna slay ya!   :)

image.png

:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

This new Snowy White lp is the schiit's.  Great lyrices and some great tunes. 

But he´s a great musican , do you mean this one ?

sw.jpg.ff62f5f191b7d61846c22b09d2eeb4fe.jpg

Which LP´s are you favors ?

• Like 5

@MicroMara   I've got almost all of his cd's but I rarely play cd's.  Old guys stick together.  lol  He's always been good but took some time off and spent 4-5 years living off the coast of Spain getting his head back together.  Been picking up steam ever since.  His lyrics are heady and even better now.  Factor in the guitar work and it's paying off now imo.  :)

Staying warm, the flood light's on and Im shovin albums in holes.  Might be done by Easter.  Ugh!   💪

• Like 5

Remind me to NEVER let anyone else pull my lp's out then put them back.  I'm pulling my stinking hair out!!!   They aren't even close to being where they belong in places.  Wait, could I have done that?  Nah, impossible!    😂   😂  One pile down kinda.  5 left.  Lawdy...  

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

That should sound fantastic @Full Range!    💪

Yes! And it's a great album to start out with. Had it once, have it again along with Venus & Mars and Red Rose Speedway. If I could ever get my stuff back that is😠

• Sad 2