Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Could have one massive sync play...  Consider it another seed planted.  :)

image.png

The rest of the story is over in the CCC&C thread.  Bottom line is Duckburg is dead center w/the longest viewing times of anywhere.  People are coming in from all over the world to watch this thing.  Dunno why it's gonna rain.  

😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Abomb said:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of turntable is that? It's beautiful!

I´ll try to make it short . Well , it´s a vintage japanese Micro Seiki DQX 1000 direct drive quartz controlled . They were built in the late 1970´tees and is the mother of all modern copied tt "oil rigs " . It´s a timeless tt concept that allows to mount up to three tonearms. I use one origin middel heavy modified Micro Seiki MA 505 MK II ( right sight ) and one light modified SME 3009 Tonearm ( back side ) . As I got different MI´s MM´s and MC´s in my cartridge collection it´s quiet important to meet their technical prerequisites like needle compilances and others.

The wole unit is controlled with that motor controller unit for power on / off ,  quartz lock on / off and speed control

MSSteuereinheit1.thumb.jpg.ceb85ba7ec04619ba07eabfc73f4f7cc.jpg 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

I´ll try to make it short . Well , it´s a vintage japanese Micro Seiki DQX 1000 direct drive quartz controlled . They were built in the late 1970´tees and is the mother of all modern copied tt "oil rigs " . It´s a timeless tt concept that allows to mount up to three tonearms. I use one origin middel heavy modified Micro Seiki MA 505 MK II ( right sight ) and one light modified SME 3009 Tonearm ( back side ) . As I got different MI´s MM´s and MC´s in my cartridge collection it´s quiet important to meet their technical prerequisites like needle compilances and others.

The wole unit is controlled with that motor controller unit for power on / off ,  quartz lock on / off and speed control

MSSteuereinheit1.thumb.jpg.ceb85ba7ec04619ba07eabfc73f4f7cc.jpg 

Wow!!! I'm not making light of any of that but I bet it could also power the space shuttle. Amazing stuff!

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Abomb said:

Wow!!! I'm not making light of any of that but I bet it could also power the space shuttle.

you will be good adviced not to mention anykind of space shuttle w/in the community for some special reasons 🤣, that you can´t know ...be glad 😅

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, MicroMara said:

you will be good adviced not to mention anykind of space shuttle w/in the community for some special reasons 🤣, that you can´t know ...be glad 😅

MSG received and understood 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Aren't you...

die Tür öffnen

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/25/2024 at 6:20 PM, Abomb said:

Just arrived.

20240325_181842_optimized_optimized.jpg

How is the album? I hate to ask.  Those guys are from FATES WARNING. Nice to see! For the longest time my favorite band hands down. For whatever reason John left the band. For whatever reason Master Drummer Mark Zonder left the band. 

I just hit YOUTUBE. Heard a few pieces. Mixed feelings. 😑

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, imeiamme said:

How is the album? I hate to ask.  Those guys are from FATES WARNING. Nice to see! For the longest time my favorite band hands down. For whatever reason John left the band. For whatever reason Master Drummer Mark Zonder left the band. 

I just hit YOUTUBE. Heard a few pieces. Mixed feelings. 😑

I think it's great. As previously mentioned I am in fact a drummer. Zonder actually plays on two tracks, as well as a true drum God Bobby Jarzombek who in my opinion is on another lvl. If you have never heard of him YouTube him playing the song "School". That's a song from his Brothers band Spastic Ink. So no worries from the drumming end of things on this album.

• Like 3

@Abomb Bobby Jarzombek School

Quite technical. clean notes and soft touch. Not my kind of drummer. He is probably one of the best. He seems young in this video. he has certainly grown and developed since. for that I have no doubt.

Issue if any. Moves in a straight line. Start and stops are generally same. Notes are not 4/4 or subsets of that throughout music. timing alterations of soundscape and backwards and forwards skills are underutilized here.

biggest issue if any. He isn't jamming. He is pausing waiting for a note to start hitting things. Traveling in sound is getting off to it. Flowing. His is brickish. again technical and cold. IMHO. 

Mark Zonder - side by side (Fates Warning) 

Opeth - Master's Apprentice

or even Pearl Jam - 10 That album has what no other PJ album has. IMHO

I mean to feel it and get there, drum playing. Listen to the first 10 seconds of King Diamond - Abigail.  You know the journey you are about to go on.🤐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, imeiamme said:

@Abomb Bobby Jarzombek School

Quite technical. clean notes and soft touch. Not my kind of drummer. He is probably one of the best. He seems young in this video. he has certainly grown and developed since. for that I have no doubt.

Issue if any. Moves in a straight line. Start and stops are generally same. Notes are not 4/4 or subsets of that throughout music. timing alterations of soundscape and backwards and forwards skills are underutilized here.

biggest issue if any. He isn't jamming. He is pausing waiting for a note to start hitting things. Traveling in sound is getting off to it. Flowing. His is brickish. again technical and cold. IMHO. 

Mark Zonder - side by side (Fates Warning) 

Opeth - Master's Apprentice

or even Pearl Jam - 10 That album has what no other PJ album has. IMHO

I mean to feel it and get there, drum playing. Listen to the first 10 seconds of King Diamond - Abigail.  You know the journey you are about to go on.🤐

As I always say, all music is subjective. I took lessons with Joe Morello for eight years. He is considered one of the greatest jazz drummers if all time, and I learned a ton from him. That being said, his playing is just not my cup of tea. It doesn't take away from the talent and knowledge though. Same thing with speaker choice I suppose. Some folks hate Klipsch...I love them.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Abomb said:

I am in fact a drummer

‘The best man at my wedding is also a drummer 

Flying down to visit him and family late April ( I have enlisted him to pick me up at the airport ) 

• Like 5