Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Imma rollin here George!  How ya feelin brother?

King Crimson were an English progressive rock band formed in 1968 in London. The band drew inspiration from a wide variety of music, incorporating elements of classical, jazz, folk, heavy metal, gamelan, blues, industrial, electronic, experimental music and new wave. They exerted a strong influence on the early 1970s progressive rock movement, including on contemporaries such as Yes and Genesis, and continue to inspire subsequent generations of artists across multiple genres.[1] The band earned a large cult following.[2][3]

Founded by Robert Fripp, Michael Giles, Greg Lake, Ian McDonald and Peter Sinfield, the band initially focused on a dramatic sound layered with Mellotron, McDonald's saxophone and flute, and Lake's bass and powerful lead vocals. Their debut album, In the Court of the Crimson King (1969), remains their most commercially successful and influential release, with a potent mixture of jazz, classical and experimental music.[4] Following the sudden simultaneous departures of McDonald and Giles, with Lake also leaving very shortly afterwards, the next two albums In the Wake of Poseidon and Lizard (both 1970) were recorded during a period of instability in the band's line-up. A settled band of Fripp, Sinfield, Mel Collins, Boz Burrell and Ian Wallace recorded Islands in 1971, though in mid-1972, Fripp let go of this line-up and changed the group's instrumentation and approach, drawing from European free improvisation and developing ever more complex compositions. With Bill Bruford, John Wetton, David Cross and, briefly, Jamie Muir, they reached what some saw as a creative peak on Larks' Tongues in Aspic (1973), Starless and Bible Black (1974), and Red (1974). King Crimson disbanded at the end of 1974.

King-Crimson-Island-1971-Half-Speed-Mast

Island 1971 Half Speed Mastered is sounding divine and then some!  :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just slipped thru Steve Hackett's Darktown a bit ago.  Then just dove into some Crimmy for giggles.  Wish it were warm enough here to tweek the neighbors.  Can't wait to put one on 'em.  Yea, I remember you saying yours sucked George!  Go off on 'em!  lol

• Like 4

Why the heck not rolllllll????

Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 is a live album by the American rock band the Doors, released on February 23, 2018, on Rhino Records. The concert was recorded at the Isle of Wight Festival in England on August 30, 1970, and this was released by Eagle Rock Entertainment. It was the group's final appearance as a foursome outside of the US and also the last full filming of a Doors concert.[1]

This is the 1970 remaster and it's killer!

Doors-Live-Isle-of-Wight-70-remaster.jpg

See what happens when you plant seeds @Full Range?  😂  😂

Live at Pompeii is a live album and film by David Gilmour, the guitarist of Pink Floyd. It was recorded at the Amphitheatre of Pompeii. It documents his 2015–16 world tour to promote his album, Rattle That Lock (2015). The concert was directed by Gavin Elder. The album was released on 29 September 2017.

David-Gilmour-Live-Pompei-20.jpg

:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I forgot to mention that I actually have the Gdańsk release from a digital download 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.  You KNOW that's the one I'm craving...  Grrrrrrrrrrr!     😂😂😂

The Pompoeii is a great album.  Been a while since I've spun it.  Made a note when you mentioned it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It would be right back at the curbside here.  😂   Sad that it wasn't in better shape.  I think someone's feeding you.  lol  Got a few of those here and a special place for 'em when I find 'em.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still in Australia / New Zealand mode here - spinning 2 albums today 

A progressive rock / pop rock / new wave band originally formed in New Zealand in 1973 and they were based in Australia from 1975 onwards. They achieved chart success in Australia and New Zealand with their brand of Rock during the 1975 to 1979 period. 

If you are unfamiliar with Dragon give them a spin on YouTube 

Artist - Dragon

Title - Are You Old Enough 

Title - Dragon ( a special promo release ) 

IMG-5003.jpg

IMG-5004.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Abomb said:

Well in my meager opinion anyway.

What Are You Talking About Huh GIF - What Are You Talking About Huh What GIFs

Meager???  You've got one just like we all do nuttin meager about your opinion at all.  You're family in here.  Just a gaggle of red-headed step children in here who like to have fun.  Now if you're running Bose then we'd have a problem.  😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, Dave1291 said:

What Are You Talking About Huh GIF - What Are You Talking About Huh What GIFs

Meager???  You've got one just like we all do nuttin meager about your opinion at all.  You're family in here.  Just a gaggle of red-headed step children in here who like to have fun.  Now if you're running Bose then we'd have a problem.  😂

The last sentence said it all for me. Thanks a million!!! Much respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2