Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Today I am a little busy but have slipped in a spin of the next album from my Steve Hacket record collection 

A surprising album with many contrasts 

Just sit back and enjoy the ride

Artist - Steve Hackett

Title - Please Don't Touch 

IMG_7137.JPG

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good to see you MR. Bob ;)  Come join us tonight over in RTM ??

I may just glance by there Gary, some really happening music over there. Meanwhile, we like you here too:)

Thanks for the invite!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tigerman said:

I want to share a couple shots of some music I am currently listening to over in RTM.......   On 180 gram, Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue' IMG_4909_zpsdrpgobm1.jpg......and right now, taking in Side B....IMG_4917_zpshbf2idp4.jpg

Some have said that album changed the beat of jazz, maybe 5 beats as may recall. Of :):emotion-21:course same can be said of the Dual TT you have going on.

Wait, then there are the new speakers. Has to be sounding great...cheers!

• Like 3

Thank you for that Billy for the bouquet ;).............Dual is doing well, last thing is the variable pulley to change out.   Got a replacement, that will enable me to vary the speed better.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thank you for that Billy for the bouquet ;).............Dual is doing well, last thing is the variable pulley to change out.   Got a replacement, that will enable me to vary the speed better.....

That sounds like a nice feature, and or upgrade. Nice option variable speed agile...:) Good looking carbon TT must do well.

Coming up an 007 soundtrack...:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Looking very relaxed on the cover is a younger Steve Hackett

Spinning this morning before getting ready for some Sunday meetings 

Artist - Steve Hackett

Title - Cured 

IMG_7142.JPG

Nice photos by the way...Going to have to check some of the vinyl around about. Nice art covers as well over all most pages. BTW, Good Morning!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Nice photos by the way...Going to have to check some of the vinyl around about. Nice art covers as well over all most pages. BTW, Good Morning!

And a good evening to you ;)

Part of the allure of vinyl records is the cover art 

Many a time I have purchased an album for the artwork alone 

• Like 2

Just now, Full Range said:

And a good evening to you ;)

Part of the allure of vinyl records is the cover art 

Many a time I have purchased an album for the artwork alone 

Have been guilty myself. Sometime, it pays off...

Goldfinger Original Soundtrack

UA Records

005.JPG

• Like 3

Just now, billybob said:

Have been guilty myself. Sometime, it pays off...

Goldfinger Original Soundtrack

UA Records

Its paid off for me many times as well 

Its how I stumbled into progressive music in the first place back in the early 70s 

So one can say that it was a positive result that turned into a lifetime of pleasure 

• Like 2

Yes Billy, it is a variable drive pulley system...   A cone shaped shaft goes up THROUGH the pulley expanding it and contacting it as you turn a mechanically (linked by a cog belt) knob.  It is made of many 'fingers' and I bent one of them, lucky it doesn't create any 'flutter' in the playback, but I figured a new/used one would be nice...  But, leave it to the Germans to come up with THAT idea huh ?   :D   So, I found one on eBay and it came from the Nederlands.....  Fellow that sold to me, his last name is Hoogenboom .....

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Its how I stumbled into progressive music in the first place back in the early 70s 

So one can say that it was a positive result that turned into a lifetime of pleasure 

Agree, think I know. Just thinking today about how I got into progressive music. Seems Prog Jazz like Miles and Johnny Winter for blues and Beck for Jazz also but, had to get there from rock. Hope makes some sense.

Other examples  too...:)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Yes Billy, it is a variable drive pulley system...   A cone shaped shaft goes up THROUGH the pulley expanding it and contacting it as you turn a mechanically (linked by a cog belt) knob.  It is made of many 'fingers' and I bent one of them, lucky it doesn't create any 'flutter' in the playback, but I figured a new/used one would be nice...  But, leave it to the Germans to come up with THAT idea huh ?   :D   So, I found one on eBay and it came from the Nederlands.....  Fellow that sold to me, his last name is Hoogenboom .....

Lol, yes could be. Sounds authentic.  I need no soldering iron in my hand so, glad it is working out.

It is just the elaborate system German technology could excel at...:D

Reminds me of a song, earsplittenloudenboomer.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Lol, having to reassess my life lately spinning old vinyl here. Need some more art there Full Range...:)

• Like 3