Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

.............and, I wanted to stop by and show my current play from over in RTM..................a YES classic !   Listening through the Rega RP6, into a Cambridge Audio photo stage, into the Cambridge Audio Azur 851E Pre.............into Dynaco MK 3's and lastly the Khorns.....  IMG_5186_zpsuthwqo8z.jpg

• Like 4

Nice Herb Alpert selection Mike....   I remember hearing 'Whipped Cream' for the first time in my life coming from some old audio system in my Jr. high gym when the AV crew was testing for an evening dance !!!   

Ok, cross posting here for FR and group...   Second Yes recording tonight....  This is playing on the SAME Dual TT when this album was brand new !IMG_5191_zps9bfmnadb.jpg

• Like 4

Good Sunday evening friends here in VINYL heaven......   Couple of things I have been spinning tonight over in RTM...

Some Eddie Harris on a record I bought off the 'bay'  it was sealed, dates back to 1970....really a good sounding 'sampler' type of disc...IMG_5323_zpsqhqjcwzv.jpgIMG_5326_zpsdgi3ofps.jpg

• Like 3

One of my favorite record albums is the first one Maria Muldaur came out with...titled "Maria Muldaur".  It includes her ONE top 40 hit, "Midnight at the Oasis"...BUT everything on it is great to listen to...and it has a good variety of stuff on it...sultry jazz-blues, country, delta blues...etc.  I just put it on, play the whole side and flip it over and play the whole flip side...all good, IMHO!  Very well recorded...no complaints at all about anything on it.  I find myself smiling every time I listen to it, at everything on it...something I seldom do for an entire album.

• Like 4

On 6/23/2017 at 10:16 PM, Tigerman said:

Nice Herb Alpert selection Mike....   I remember hearing 'Whipped Cream' for the first time in my life coming from some old audio system in my Jr. high gym when the AV crew was testing for an evening dance !!!   

Ok, cross posting here for FR and group...   Second Yes recording tonight....  This is playing on the SAME Dual TT when this album was brand new !IMG_5191_zps9bfmnadb.jpg

HA_WhippedCream.jpg

• Like 3

Hey there Mike................we have to come up with a group play for this weekend !   I spoke with Pezz tonight, he suggested we stick with a 'patriotic' theme......    I have various recordings, however, I can do most anything that our friends can come up with on my Spotify account....

But, think about what we might do....   And then, put the word out...

Thank you....

..............g

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Hey there Mike................we have to come up with a group play for this weekend !   I spoke with Pezz tonight, he suggested we stick with a 'patriotic' theme......    I have various recordings, however, I can do most anything that our friends can come up with on my Spotify account....

But, think about what we might do....   And then, put the word out...

Thank you....

..............g

1812 overture.  ! 

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/07/10-most-patriotic-albums.html

we have to act soon !  I have too find something...

• Like 2