Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

7 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Yup, you're definitely not right!  I've always had fun telling people that Hendrix worked outta 2, 40' semi-trailers on tour w/room to spare.  Today?  20 semi's  isn't enough.  You had it made.  Even a phone for ET to call home on!  Stellar!!!  :)

We had a 5-way active sound system from JBL with a total output of 18,000 watts, a peak level of 135 dB. The beat was blown through your body and into your brain on the dance floor and made you high

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'll be over in the corner catching my own buzz tyvm!  Throw something down, slam 12 Heineken's and I'm good to go!  135db?  You're a sick man!  Btw, could y'all put me in the corner closest to the stripper pole?  Time to teach you Europeans how things are done down on the farm!   :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It very hard to put the right words to describe this album ( it really is ) 

A 1974 release of one on my favourite bands 😱

The track Night Watch is about a Rembrandt painting 

Totally unique, hard edged super super tight and sometimes in your face 

It’s so well put together that you just fall into its melodic journey 

Ahh what a feeling that Is

What’s also unique about this album is that the bulk of its content was live and recorded without much preparation 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Starless And Bible Black 

Label:

Island Records ‎– ILPS 9275

UK 1974 

65422599-B385-4-B77-A4-B5-2-B4-E95626-CB

• Like 6

I should have played this album first as it was released 1 year earlier than Starless and Bible Black 

This album is very experimental and at times intimidating but always with a sense of purpose 

The softer poetic tracks are beautifully sublime 

If I was to describe the musicianship I would say “ Pinpoint Sharpness “ 

Wow that was a trip listening to this album 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Larks’ Tongues In Aspic

Label:

Atlantic ‎– SD 7263

This is a US 1973 promo pressing 

image.thumb.jpeg.d5834b9b9df553737a6f2c1d25cd441a.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I'll be over in the corner catching my own buzz tyvm!  Throw something down, slam 12 Heineken's and I'm good to go!  135db?  You're a sick man!  Btw, could y'all put me in the corner closest to the stripper pole?  Time to teach you Europeans how things are done down on the farm!   :)

We had a outdoor party garden as well , think that would be your place to be  in the stripper pool ......

pool 0001.jpgpool 0004.jpg

pool 0006.jpg

pool 0011.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

We had a outdoor party garden as well , think that would be your place to be  in the stripper pool ...

In my dreams 😇
Right - that’s it 

I‘m coming to visit you after this pandemic is over 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Anybody knows Ruphus ??

RUPHUS is probably one of the most important 70's Norwegian hard rock band with progressive tendencies (there were a few of those back then: AUNT MARY, TITANIC, POPOL VUH / ACE etc..) but their music evolution would differ greatly from those groups. Their debut "A New Born Day" is certainly one of the best Norwegian albums with a very exciting sound and its extraordinarily communicative enthusiasm, even if a bit dated. But three members left after the album release and a new singer was found for their second album "Ranshart", a more progressive record looking towards YES and FOCUS, but it was not quite as exciting as the debut. Future jazz-rock legend Terje Rypdal produced their third album "Let Your Light Shine", a jazz-rock album that had much success in Germany, but again, personnel change struck at the worst of times, but their fourth album "Inner Voice" continued the formula, but further changes undermined the group, eventually folding at the end of the decade to general indifference.

Ruphus1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range  These are all just pictures of a great time in my life. This discotheque does not exist any more. We had guests from all over Europe, there I worked as a DJ for 10 years

I knew that mate  - It just reminds me of my party days 

When I was young I went to many parties myself but can’t mention to much in an open forum 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Anybody knows Ruphus ??

Not heard of them before 

Had a quick sample listen and liked it ( will listen to full videos in the morning)  yawn 🥱 it’s getting late 

• Like 2

Or the group " The Motels " ? Band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 1975, originating in a band called the Warfield Foxes from Berkeley. Original line-up as The Motels: Dean Chamberlain, Richard D'andrea, Martha Davis, Robert Neuman & Chuck Wada.

Motels1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Not heard of them before 

Had a quick sample listen and liked it ( will listen to full videos in the morning)  yawn 🥱 it’s getting late 

Sleep well my friend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dirtmudd   and the album delivered yesterday by Marillion " clutching at straws " was a wonderful musical journey at this sunday morning.Thank you very much for your recommendation. I'm still waiting for the debut album  " script for a jester´s tear " ; should arrive next week

Marillion1.jpg

• Like 5