Masters week

jimjimbo

Although I don't play anymore I did watch the last couple of hours today. Garcia's play and scoring reminded me a lot of myself when I did play. I too usually shot a 279 when I played but I managed to do it in 1 round.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Very happy for him! Some fantastic golf coming down the stretch.

I didn't get to see the end due to a family dinner, I saw a bit of it with Sergio down 2 late in the day.  The highlights looked like the ending could have gone either way.  I also like watching world class athletes playing their best in the highest level of competition, almost any sport.

Although I don't play golf anymore, I like it and I like to watch in on TV.

OK, I know 0 about golf and the players.  I do however listen to Mike and Mike every morning on the way to work and of course they were talking golf this morning.  It seems that this was Sergios 18'th shot at this course and first win.  You would think they'd be praising him but one guest said he would have rather seen him choke?  What's up with that?  Normally they talk up the winners put there doesn't seem to be much love for him.  What's his back story?  Is he not liked on the tour?

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

OK, I know 0 about golf and the players.  I do however listen to Mike and Mike every morning on the way to work and of course they were talking golf this morning.  It seems that this was Sergios 18'th shot at this course and first win.  You would think they'd be praising him but one guest said he would have rather seen him choke?  What's up with that?  Normally they talk up the winners put there doesn't seem to be much love for him.  What's his back story?  Is he not liked on the tour?

The only "controversy" I am aware of is his long time "feud" with Tiger Woods.  They are just not too chummy with each other.  Though Tiger did tweet "congrats" to him.

Bill

I enjoyed the final round of the masters.

I do not mind Sergio winning but he would not be my first choice.

I thought the manner in which he and Justin handled themselves was exceptional.

Now if only Kuchar could have made it a 3-way playoff.

• Like 1