looking for free equalizer download, Windows 7

Matthews

So I am trying to find a decent equalizer that i can download to my laptop.  Have tried a few with ZERO success. None of them work!  "EqualizerAPO", "AIMP" and another one that I can't remember the name of.

Hoping to get this ironed out in the next week before my new amp arrives.  Wanting to be able to tweak the levels a bit here and there as well as have a decent volume control at my finger tips (no remote).

The idea, please correct me if I am wrong, make sound adjustments before the signal gets to the pre-amp.  In theory, this would be better at maintaining the high quality output of the pre amp as opposed to running an inline, physical equalizer.

...thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Is there a way to incorporate a physical equalizer, say a 12 band?

Sorry Matt, too analog still.

Yes, that would be very easy.  My concern is, will an inline eq perhaps diminish sound quality?  I have a really nice Nakamichi pre-amp that "cincymat" sent me and would like to maintain its full potential.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

edit: I listen to 100% streaming now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cincymat said:

What software do you use to play music? 

Just Spotify and Pandora.  I registered a free trial to the above mentioned "EqualizerPro".  It works but sounds very strange.  For lack of a better term, it introduced a very hollow and almost echo sound.  Almost like listening in a cave.  Strange and not worthy...

I wonder if they all do this.  Never tried one before.  Not that I run heavy bass or treble, they are nearly flat.  I do like just hint on the bass knob though in that I rarely use the subwoofer anymore.

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

that does look interesting. Downloading it now.  Thanks :emotion-21:

...incoming review

edit: UHG - that one is going to take a little work.  Must get to bed...

This does look interesting. Curious to hear your impressions. I'm keeping an eye open in case my DEQ2496 takes a dump. In the meantime I love it with an outboard DAC.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The old thought that adding an EQ to the chain would diminish the SQ is well just old and not relevant.  It can enhance the s ystem.  I use a Berhinger in my 2 ch. system and you can't talk me out of it.  It has been a terrific addition to the system with tubes or SS.  You may not need one if the room and speaker setup, reverb and bass decay is perfect in the room?

• Like 2

For the first time in over 25 years I've been listening to headphones (earbuds actually). My phone has an EQ option and immediately set it to how I have my EQ set in my main rig.

Didn't take long to realize that it wasn't needed. It actually sounds pretty decent. Why? I'm not hearing the room and it's negative effects on sound quality.

In my listening room, I absolutely need EQ in addition to treatments. Someday I'll get a mic and do measurements but in the meantime I'm very satisfied having EQ'd it by ear. Gotta have it.....couldn't go without it.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1