Car Thread

burninator

On 7/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, OO1 said:

who wouda thunk   Harley  will only make electric bikes .. 

https://robbreport.com/motors/motorcycles/harley-davidson-all-electric-motorcycle-brand-1234797920/

its CEO, Jochen Zeitz, says that company will eventually only make electric bikes.

“At some point in time, Harley Davidson will be all-electric,” the executive recently told Dezeen. “But that’s a long-term transition that needs to happen. It’s not something you do overnight.”

Willie lost his mind ?)

Howda gonna ride in the Country ???

I can put 60-80 miles on without seeing a Gas Station ...Charging Station ???

😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 2

Darn I cannot remember what those mufflers that Sears made were called back when their DieHard batteries were fantastic. So do those imperial mufflers muzzle the sound hey that's it they were the Muzzlers!

I really liked the flowmaster 50 series for trucks I had those on my 9c1. They fit perfectly were quiet when you wanted to be and sounded like their 40 series when you opened it up. Probably obvious that was years ago because I don't even know what's out there now except lots of gnarly ones!

• Thanks 1

Cherry Bomb glass packs were common on muscle engines back then. Brother has a pair on his ratrod now.

Made a pair from drive shafts on his 55 back then. Had the only car that rattled the windows when doing a drive through. Yes, it was bad. My My my

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

They are about 2 1/2 feet long ..........2 1/2,' inlet

66 Imperial  mufflers   dont  block  atmospheric pressure  from entering from behind , the  engine's exhaust valves  take a hit sooner or later as heat re-enters   .  anti reversion exhausts  did not exist in the 60's  

TA- Camaro 1996 /  2000's  3 inch  mufflers  for dual cats 5.7  motors feature  a balance chamber   to prevent   pressure from entering  from behind ,   the engine breathes better , runs cooler , and makes more power  with chambered mufflers .

32 minutes ago, OO1 said:

66 Imperial  mufflers   dont  block  atmospheric pressure  from entering from behind , the  engine's exhaust valves  take a hit sooner or later as heat re-enters   .  anti reversion exhausts  did not exist in the 60's  

TA- Camaro 1996 /  2000's  3 inch  mufflers  for dual cats 5.7  motors feature  a balance chamber   to prevent   pressure from entering  from behind ,   the engine breathes better , runs cooler , and makes more power  with chambered mufflers .

Probably nice to have a little more detail here.

JJK

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OO1 said:

66 Imperial  mufflers   dont  block  atmospheric pressure  from entering from behind , the  engine's exhaust valves  take a hit sooner or later as heat re-enters   .

Been building motors since 1973

Never had a problem.... Perhaps your experience is with the wussy crap they sell today. 😀

12 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Sure Look up a 1966 ,Chrysler ,Imperial

I have a '66 Charger in my garage with a 440 pulled from a '67 Imperial convertible out of an Arizona boneyard . They never offered for sale or mentioned anything about the mufflers . Yes it has the #915 cylinder heads . 

• Thanks 1