Car Thread

burninator

1 hour ago, sunburnwilly said:

It was sitting in a sheltered area of the bone yard . It was goldish with white interior . Same type of car Jane Hathaway drove in the Beverly Hillbillies I believe .

Jane Hathaway 's car was a 1966  ,   last year for the  body on frame chassis 

https://www.web.imperialclub.info/Yr/1966/MissJane/index.htm

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, DirtyErnie said:

Should go count all the turbos he killed on the Cummins-swapped F-100 on a drag-week event.

Meh. I was only predicting what I thought he might do, not surprised that he did. It doesn't take talent to spin something up past 100,000 rpm and then turn off the oil to the bearing.

• Like 1

Anyone else with a Mopar vehicle have to deal with the terrible plastic oil cooler?  I just had the oil changed in my 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Tuesday in anticipation of a two week trip from Minnesota to Virginia and back to visit my wife’s family.

Came home this evening after work and noticed an almost two foot wide oil leak in the driveway where I had been parked.  Looked under the hood and could see oil in the “valley” of the oil cooler.

We were planning on leaving tomorrow morning.  We dropped off my wife’s Wrangler at a body shop this afternoon because she was recently in a minor accident.  We wouldn’t have taken hers anyway because of the terrible fuel economy, ride quality and age for such a long trip.

So, we booked a rental for Monday morning and I’ll be dropping my Jeep off at the dealership before we leave.  I can’t believe how expensive rentals are these days.  😡

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Anyone else with a Mopar vehicle have to deal with the terrible plastic oil cooler?  I just had the oil changed in my 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Tuesday in anticipation of a two week trip from Minnesota to Virginia and back to visit my wife’s family.

Came home this evening after work and noticed an almost two foot wide oil leak in the driveway where I had been parked.  Looked under the hood and could see oil in the “valley” of the oil cooler.

We were planning on leaving tomorrow morning.  We dropped off my wife’s Wrangler at a body shop this afternoon because she was recently in a minor accident.  We wouldn’t have taken hers anyway because of the terrible fuel economy, ride quality and age for such a long trip.

So, we booked a rental for Monday morning and I’ll be dropping my Jeep off at the dealership before we leave.  I can’t believe how expensive rentals are these days.  😡

Is that oil cooler cooling the engine or transmission or both?

JJK