Car Thread

burninator

AI and self driving cars will  reduce the amount of accidents  and casualties  on the road  , the AI system does not get tired after hours of driving  ., it all makes for safer driving 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, OO1 said:

AI and self driving cars will  reduce the amount of accidents  and casualties  on the road  , the AI system does not get tired after hours of driving  ., it all makes for safer driving 

Or safer riding

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I bought a Magna at Honda World when they first came outm.. Quickly sold it as it had no Soul ...Back to HD  

Vibration, Cough, Backfire

All let's One know they are on a Motorcycle. 😀😀😀

Not riding an electric motor

who wouda thunk   Harley  will only make electric bikes .. 

https://robbreport.com/motors/motorcycles/harley-davidson-all-electric-motorcycle-brand-1234797920/

its CEO, Jochen Zeitz, says that company will eventually only make electric bikes.

“At some point in time, Harley Davidson will be all-electric,” the executive recently told Dezeen. “But that’s a long-term transition that needs to happen. It’s not something you do overnight.”

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 9:37 PM, Maxalex said:

I recently read about Chrysler and watched the pics on the chrysler capital site. Now I want this car! Btw, the 2023 model was created with AI. Its entire dashboard is a giant touchscreen, powered by AI and promised to be self-driving and predict your wants and needs. Sounds really cool.

Until it breaks ..

$10,000 Dashboard. ,🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

AMC GREMLIN (today $$ less than $13K ?)

Elegance is simplicity .....

• ZERO microprocessors
  • 1bbl soup can carb
  • 3 speed manual
  • No AC
  • AM radio
  • Plenty of interior room
  • in line 6 cyl
  • economical, low cost to fix, easy to change affordable parts
  • Stable on the hwy

Nice retrospective article on the Gremlin

By 1979—the year it morphed into the Spirit—AMC had sold 671,475 Gremlins, making it the second-best-selling car in AMC's history behind the Hornet.

AMC put the bare-bones two-seat Gremlin on the market for $1,879 (about $12,500 in 2020 dollars), while the four-seat model listed for $1,959 ($12,950).

The Gremlin, built with proven, low-tech machinery, was about as close to bulletproof as an American-built subcompact was going to get. Sales exploded, totaling 122,844 for 1973 and 171,128 for 1974—monster numbers for little AMC.

1970 AMC Gremlin specifications

ENGINE:3.3L DOHC 12-valve I-6/128 hp @ 4,400 rpm, 182 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm

TRANSMISSION:3-speed automatic

LAYOUT:2-door, 2-4 passenger, front-engine, RWD sedan

L x W x H:  161.3 x 70.6 x 51.8 in

WHEELBASE:  96.0 in

WEIGHT:  2,497 lb

0-60 MPH: 15.8 sec

TOP SPEED  95 mph

https://www.motortrend.com/vehicle-genres/amc-gremlin-terrible-cars-that-werent-terrible/

The 2022 Toyota Camry 0-60 time is not something that it's known for. However, with the base 2.5L engine, the 2022 Toyota Camry 0 to 60 sprint takes 7.3 seconds. The 2022 Toyota Camry XLE and XSE trims can be equipped with the optional 3.5L V6 engine, bringing the 0-60 time down to just around 5.8 seconds. The Honda Accord and Nissan Altima are two close rivals of the Toyota Camry 2022 and they do a 0-60 sprint in 6.6 seconds and 7.7 seconds respectively. The Honda Accord is equipped with a smaller 1.5L turbocharged engine, offering better power to weight ratio. The Nissan Altima is less powerful and has a CVT, leading to slower acceleration times. 

https://www.carhp.com/toyota/camry/0to60

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, OO1 said:

Sorry Dave

You are not approved to go there

is there somewhere else you would like to go ?

Your monthly smart grid electricity ration is almost exhausted and it's only the 15th of the month. I'll take you home while you think about my question ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bubo said:

Your monthly smart grid electricity ration is almost exhausted  

I dont care about the grid , the house has an  indoor commercial ONAN diesel generator room   + electronic transfer switch feeding  several UPS  battery racks  ,  I can operate off the grid 24-7 -365 

Long time forum member here, haven't posted much the last several years primarily because cars have been my primary hobby. Fortunately life is allowing more time for both hobbies and have started tinkering in the speaker/home theater space more than I have the last several years. 

I have been buying and selling luxury/sports/exotics cars for the last 3+ years. I've been fortunate to own/drive several of my "dream" cars. I've also been able to turn profits after enjoying them which has made it an even more enjoyable hobby!

See YouTube videos and pictures of some of my toys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, johnnydrama said:

Long time forum member here, haven't posted much the last several years primarily because cars have been my primary hobby. Fortunately life is allowing more time for both hobbies and have started tinkering in the speaker/home theater space more than I have the last several years. 

I have been buying and selling luxury/sports/exotics cars for the last 3+ years. I've been fortunate to own/drive several of my "dream" cars. I've also been able to turn profits after enjoying them which has made it an even more enjoyable hobby!

See YouTube videos and pictures of some of my toys.

Fakt

Fake Cars 🙄

Nothng has the tire shredding Torque of my 468 ci Chevelle. 1971 vintage.....  New Autos may be faster, but not that brutal 😀

main-qimg-30f917784ce32d1a6a73b6b8bb4c0e16(1).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:23 PM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Fake Cars 🙄

Nothng has the tire shredding Torque of my 468 ci Chevelle. 1971 vintage.....  New Autos may be faster, but not that brutal 😀

main-qimg-30f917784ce32d1a6a73b6b8bb4c0e16(1).jpg

I had the money to buy a used one in 1973 cash, my father went with me to check it out. He drove it 30 ft and parked it, told me it's not happening and we left......

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:24 PM, OO1 said:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/10/1102522 

Artificial intelligence can help halve road deaths by 2030 

Author unknown

a key problem for AI developers is that their models keep beating benchmark databases devised to test them, but still somehow fail real world tests.

However, the next potential bottleneck to AI’s progress might not be AI itself, but a lack of data for models to train on

These are two sides of the same coin, they keep failing the real world tests because their models and algorithms have limits compared to the real world possibilities.

Sort of like how autonomous vehicles won’t be viable until they take privately owned/driven vehicles off the road. Then the algorithms would be in charge.

They will use ‘climate change’ to do this. It’s not that the elites want to control us, they want computers to control us so they don’t have to

The problem for humans will arise when AI reaches the middle of the Bell Curve.

• Like 1

Hey @sunburnwilly

Got your ears on? You've heard of Mooresville North Carolina haven't you? Was up there looking around yesterday and an extremely ripe sounding WRX STI zoomed by me. Ahhh h * l l with 4:00 traffic going on he got caught at the next red light I told him I liked how it sounded and was set up.

Some cars make a lot of noise and don't move much, some of them make some noise and they're out of sight! This one was like that, I'm talking high compression goodness!!

It was probably 10 years old or older and looked ready for off-road racing. 20 something year old was very proud of it said that he built the engine and dang that town is known for its incredibly talented mechanics. Could have been one of them don't know but he was gone again and I slipped into a restaurant felt like I walked into New York City's Italian borough immediately!

• Like 2