Hurricane Season 2017.

CECAA850

37 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

So if you only had time to save just one speaker or piece of equipment from the hurricane, which one would it be?  B)

I'd just look at it as divine intervention telling me to upgrade my gear.  I have homeowners and flood insurance so my RF-7s would magically turn into Forte 3s.  I would however try to get my 396's up out of harms way.

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

It was kind of heading right for you, but now it's stationary

Currently we're a bulls eye but as you know, there's no telling where they land till they land.  In the past the 3 day path has been pretty close though.  I normally don't pay attention till then.  In the mean time it's looking like it will head north fairly quickly once it starts moving again.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Currently we're a bulls eye but as you know, there's no telling where they land till they land.  In the past the 3 day path has been pretty close though.  I normally don't pay attention till then.  In the mean time it's looking like it will head north fairly quickly once it starts moving again.

I guess where it will land is all up in the air. ( I know, I just was compelled to say that).

JJK

• Like 1

Cindy is ruining our vacation. My wife and I arrived in Destin, Florida yesterday afternoon.  It started raining early this morning and it is supposed to rain until we leave Friday morning.  Could be worse, we are just getting the outer bands. But it is kind of sad to be in a 7th floor ocean view room in this weather.  I shouldn't complain since there will be a lot of people west of here getting some serious flooding from this storm.

52 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Cindy is ruining our vacation. My wife and I arrived in Destin, Florida yesterday afternoon.  It started raining early this morning and it is supposed to rain until we leave Friday morning.  Could be worse, we are just getting the outer bands. But it is kind of sad to be in a 7th floor ocean view room in this weather.  I shouldn't complain since there will be a lot of people west of here getting some serious flooding from this storm.

We were in Destin last year when the rains flooded Baton Rouge and closed down Interstate 12.  I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Tornado warning alert woke us at 4:44 am this morning.  Apparently, a water spout was detected just off shore heading towards Destin. We were ready to hit the nearest stair well, but it seems that it made shore just west of here near Fort Walton Beach.  Winds are still 40 mph here with heavy rains coming down and sometimes sideways.  Good luck to all of you in the direct path of this storm, which looks like will be the Texas / Lousiana border (Carl).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seadog said:

which looks like it will be the Texas / Lousiana border (Carl).

Seems the eye will hit barely east of us.  We should be good as we'll be on the clean side.  There's a steady breeze out of the north here this morning.  I took in everything in the yard and patio that I thought might take flight this morning.  Rain shouldn't be an issue because even if a good band hits us, the drainage improvements made over the years around our house should handle it.  At this point I have no worries over this storm (subject to change without notice).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

Tornado warning alert woke us at 4:44 am this morning.  Apparently, a water spout was detected just off shore heading towards Destin. We were ready to hit the nearest stair well, but it seems that it made shore just west of here near Fort Walton Beach.  Winds are still 40 mph here with heavy rains coming down and sometimes sideways.  Good luck to all of you in the direct path of this storm, which looks like will be the Texas / Lousiana border (Carl).

I stayed at the Playground Motel in Fort Walton Beach in 1960.

JJK

• Moderators
15 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

The storms are no joke and safety is numero uno!

Unless you live where it floods a TS is nothing really, higher than a 1 or 2 hurricane and were out of here. Most 1 and 2 category were just a party when we were younger, get supplies which was mostly beer and food for a few days and take a break.

It's not that bad,(until stuff starts flying) but above 2 you better get a grip quickly as to what you're going to do.

• Like 1