Which one of you did this

Woofers and Tweeters

51 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Picked up 4x8 3/4 Baltic birch today.  Eminence woofers arrived.  Frankensmurfs due tomorrow.

Well Jiminy Xmas! You will be listening in no time. I'm thinking since you don't have mid horns with Atlas drivers, there may be a different taps and caps for them than in the original thread. We can measure and see.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Well Jiminy Xmas! You will be listening in no time. I'm thinking since you don't have mid horns with Atlas drivers, there may be a different taps and caps for them than in the original thread. We can measure and see.

So if you can get a used B Network, it can easily be modified to a B2 if need be. The important portion is you get the wire strip, 2 chokes, and 2 T2A Autoformers, which are worth over $100 in parts alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

So if you can get a used B Network, it can easily be modified to a B2 if need be. The important portion is you get the wire strip, 2 chokes, and 2 T2A Autoformers, which are worth over $100 in parts alone.

I'll see what arrives today.  If necessary, I'll buy the B2 for sale on the forum.

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

But if you prefer, you can get Autoformers from Bob Crites at Crites Speakers. These are very high quality and allow midrange tweaks in 1 db steps instead of the crude 3 db steps of the Klipsch T2A autoformer.

How much are they?

Autotransformers, price is for one, a pair would be double that price.  Shipping for a pair of these in the US would be $13.00 by Priority Mail.  I will ship worldwide.  Foreign customers contact me for a shipping quote.

Model 3654  $32.00 

Model 3619  Discontinued

Model 3636  $36.00

Looks like a whole $85 for a pair shipped to your door.

• Like 1

They were stuffed with the nasty looking grey foam.  The networks were not screwed to the cabinets, but were wedged in place by the foam.  

Despite the fact these probably started life as 2-ways, the Klipsch network is 3-way.  It's labeled KP-2.0A.  Unfortunately, not much in the networks to be used in the Super Heresy.

IMG_0312 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_0313 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0314 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0315 (Medium).JPG

After recording the dimensions, the empty cabinets are at the curb.  They're so beat up, it would be easier to start over if I decide to use the woofer and tweeter in a small 2-way to pair with my son's DIY TH sub.

The K53s work and the K701 horns are intact.  I got my money's worth on just those to be used in the Super Heresys.

IMG_0320 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DizRotus said:

They're here.  My wife informed me, "They delivered your coffin."

Now that I reflect on it, that storm door doesn't look so good.

IMG_0302 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0301 (Medium).JPG

Your pix remind me of Birmingham MI. Oh yea that's where you live:)

• Like 1