Keep the speakers safe guys

CHASLS2

39 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Wind is really picking up here too.  Lots of whistling from wind outside.

Are you having much rain?

Most of the trees that get toppled in my area occur when rain soaks the ground around the tree, then it only takes a bit of wind and some lean to literally uproot the the tree. 

Thinking of the people in the path of this. Best wishes to everyone in the path of this.

I've been watching the path of this with a lot of interest. I am to close on a place about a mile from the beach in Gulf Shores this week.

My parents retired to Biloxi. I saw the destruction after Katrina went thru. It's a horrible thing. Biloxi didn't get a lot of the headlines since New Orleans got hit too. I always think of the people that are in the surrounding areas that don't get the publicity of the big name cities. 

Again, best wishes and prayers to everyone in the path...

• Like 2

• Moderators

Very glad to hear that Charles.  My wife's grandfather stayed with us as he lived on the East side of the Causeway Bridge.  We sure thought his mobile home was going to be either gone or was going to become a boat house.  Neither happened.  We were all very fortunate.  It could have been soooo much worse.  Still 1/2 of Hillsborough county without power, tons of businesses closed and gas is super sparse. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CHASLS2 said:

Well the blower motor is gone on my A/C.  Kinda strange.  But have a small unit for the bedroom.

That is odd, unless there was some kind of surge when the electric came back on.  If electric never left, it could have suffered from a brownout.

Are there fuses you can reset?