Welcome to

mobile homeless

A few good suggestions above.

They really need to have the last poster along with the time on the lead 2 channel page just like the old board. Just havng the time there does not tell you who left what last.

As for inserting a pic, you can STILL use UBB code just like before if you so desire. At least it's nice to be able to use HTML again. But if you upload your pic, and then simply post <"img">your link here<"/img> (without the quotes) it will be inserted.

You can edit your signature just like in the old board in your profile but it sure would be nice to be able to "uncheck" it when you desire, if you dont want it inserted, like when you post twice in the same thread.

As for CENSORSHIP, I dont personally think there should be ANY CENSORSHIP besides what the moderators observe. I think we are all old enough to warrant this. Besides, I think censorship of any kind is negative, personally.

I personally dont miss the little emoticons but I know I am in the minority here. One of the reasons why it is so much faster, besides better code, is the lack of superfluous graphics.

On another note, I dont know if I can handle seeing all you loons personal pics inserted! Heh... although I do now like John Warren a lot better than before.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you can only edit your post if there are no consequent posts. I don't like this at all! One of the best features of the previous format was the ability to edit whenever and wherever you wanted, thus allowing you to change a post after it had been replied to. It was even better than shredding documents, since you could render a response to your post outlandish by "proving" that "I never said that, you are hallucinating, dude!". I for one feel manipulated by this new format.

It must be a right wing conspiracy...to make everyone look like they are just as bad at spelling as the educationally impaired.

I for one demand full freedom to edit in perpetuity. I don't want my misspellings carved in stone for the ages. This country was built on revisionism.

-C&S

I just tried to reply, and it made me go back and log in again, this is a pain! Does this mean the login time is clocked out after a few minutes?

Also, just tried clicking on a link that someone posted in the body of their post, and it would not go to that link, does this mean that you have to copy and paste and open a new window etc. to go to a posted link? What a pain.

I am not enjoying the readjustment to this new format, seems like whatever they added was at the cost of losing all kinds of things we were used to that were good and useful.....

Kelly, you are web literate, have you trled to communicate with whoever is behind this supposed improvement? I guess we should compile a big list of glitches and suggestions.

--C&S

I have figured out how to put a photo into a post and how to post a "hot" link, but I still not having any luck editing a post whether there have been other posts after mine or not.

I am also unable to right click anything in a post...like to copy and paste. I have to use the "edit" button in MSIE. Highlighting and then using the delete key doesn't work for me either.

test of adding to a post...

I have now added to this post and then deleted from the original post after adding the text. If this one works it will be my 3rd edit of this post!

Edster - ah, ok. Suggestion: If you removed the surrounding background from the avatar it miight help be indentified as a 2a3 tube.

With the limitations they give us, it's real hard to fit stuff into a 44x40 pixel frame. I mean, look at mine.. I'm actually twice that size in real life...

- tb

Hello Stereo Folks,

I like the new forum because my antique computer can handle it. The movies at the top of the old one were the last straw for my little 120MHz Cyrix squirrel. The avatar feature is nice too .. I found one that looks just like me. It's good to hear from everyone. The comments on the new system are, well, in keeping with most personalities.

fini,

for a brief moment my avatar looked just like you, and I was singing your song:

http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden/Wyoming.ram

I have discovered that everytime I comb my hair or shave it retrospectively changes my avatar as seen on past posts to my present current image. Can you imagine how boring a family photo album would be if this happened? All the photos and baby pictures would look just like your latest image. How can we get this forum to operate like real life? I want my avatar to look like how I looked when I posted that message and I want it to stay the same even if consequent posts have me looking different.

-The new C&S

I will join the ranks of the frustrated.

1. I can't edit my post to tbabbs Top 10 vinyl list.

2. The stupid software thinks Herbie Han****'s name is profane.

3. I can't make a list with a tab post though they do show when entered. I don't want to write HTML to post a reply!

They really should have loaded this software on a test server and allowed people to test it, along with maybe two others, and make comments before rolling it out. As usual, probably after a wonderful dog and pony show demo, and being told you can post custom avatars( oh whoopie), someone decided this was it.

Klipsch out.

tbabb,

Turn off plug-ins .. I didn't try that. That's good to know.

That vpi Scout is nice isn't it. I had just managed to rationalize $1K for a turntable/arm when the Scout appeared. That opens a whole set of new possibilities. Abs Sound likes the Rega P25 or Basis 1400/Rega RB300. There's always the Rockport Sirius III for $72,570.

leok

loek,

The Scout/JMW9 tonearm is a very nice setup which I am glad I took the extra time to save money for. One of the reasons I gave it the nod, like all VPI TT's, it can be upgraded to an even higher level of performance which I think is important when spending at that level. This is something the Rega does not allow. The Basis does.

Klipsch out.