mobile homeless

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than one edit, and it doesnt work. Would be nice to:

1. Have last poster listed besides date on the main 2 channel page

2. Be able to UNCHECK the signature or erase in edit

3. Have the same background color scheme as the old forum.

4. Have links in a color BESIDES the text color if you havent been there, thus making them easier to see.

5. Make the text as easy to read at the original

6. Ditch the underlining on the main forum page thread titles.

As stated, know it's a lot of work put in... but...

Kelly I agree especially regarding the readability issue.

I also like to be able to scan the list of respondents and see whether I am the latest poster and If not who is. In some cases knowing who has responded to a post will help me decide whether to check in immediately or p[ush that response onto the back burner.

P.S.

My weekend has gone completely sideways but I will get you pics of my AQ1003's intestines by Monday or Tuesday.

Yes, obviously with whole new software, there are problems; yet most of these points above are just intuitive points that could have been taken care of when getting it ready. You are obviously going to have glitches here and there but I believe these are setup questions that really point to why we should get an upgrade in the first place.

Ironically enough, I see the simple Audio Asylum forum as one of the best layouts although the editing is a bit tough as you have to delete the post and this is only accomplished before someone responds. It does have a good preview feature.

Quite simply, this new forum is HARDER to read and more fatiguing on the eyes. Sadly, it is not even as intuitive as the original. Perhaps some changes and tweaks can be made. And I agree about having the latest poster LISTED on lead page just like it was. It's nice to know who started the thread but JUST as important to see who posted last as well. The great thing about the Asylum is you see ALL the posts and can answer or reply to EACH and see tangents in the thread as each post has it's own title.

Look forward to seeing the insides of your amp.

kh

Also would be great to have a Preferences option to setup Font size for easier reading the forum software won't except IE font size and defaults to very small text that is uncomfartable for me to read. This as all upgrades will take some tweaking.

What's funny is while typing my response the font is indeed large but dispay's small. Also everyones signitures show up large as life but not the message text.

Craig

Heh.... indeed. I probably have other titles that are less becoming....

Actually, I was referring to the TITLE of this THREAD, which I didnt get to finish or edit in via the new forum. It was supposed to say "Welcome to the NEW not so improved..." Oh well.

The search feature works well, at least. Otherwise, this software needs some serious tweaking in the options and choices selections. I have seen this type of forum look better with different setting choices. It has been a momumental task to get this thing transferred and I am sure they will get some bugs worked out. Still, if you have ever posted something in the web section, you know that it 99.9% of the time does not get addressed or changed, not in my experience anyway.

so far I like some things and don't like other things, I don't like the the way Posted Today and Active works, but I do like being able to subscribe to threads and authors, I could also use a spell checker and I still don't see an equipment list in the profiles, the custom avatars are neat and I will have to get a picture of me with my snorkel mask - plus I seem to have lost a few hundred posts in count!1.gif

Yea I lost a bunch of posts in my count also.

It is also much harder to include a photo or a link in a post (for me anyway). Also, you have to open a whole new browser window to read all the posts in a thread when you are replying...

I would also like to be able to choose whether or not I include my sig in a post.