Welcome to

mobile homeless

At the least, it should be a BETTER design than the old and so far, it is marginal. Very surprised they dont show the LAST poster in a thread on the 2 channel main page with the link to the last post. This was very helpful. Also, the formatting within the software is just not the best from text selection to color choice. Granted, the search feature is a HUGE improvement; I just wished I USED the search feature!

kh

ps- For those lamenting the missing post count, I would be more than happy to give you a thousand of mine! The "no life" designation is wearing thin...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edster, if you are around, you can still use the same UBB code stuff for posting pics within here as long as your post them to your server space. A majority of all online subscription services provide users with some server space if anyone is wondering. Earthlink, road runner, aol, etc all provide free space. Just upload the shots and link to them. Or were you referring to posting shots within Klipsch? Not sure about the other browser window point when replying. I agree with the signature aspect.

I don't know about the rest of you, buy I use internet Explorer and I can expand the font size to whatever I feel is confortable with Command Plus or Minus key press.

That key sequence is on a Macintosh so I'm not sure what the PC equilivant would be... Perhaps this might help some of you sight challanged folks...

9.gif

Good Luck..

p.s. I miss not knowing who was the last poster to a topic is...

The grey border looks fine and the lines give in more of an order.

The sans serif font (no tails) has to go. Toronto District School Board used this type of font when they first came out with the newer report cards. The major problem is it is too hard to read. It needs to be in Times, Times Roman, or something similar. When did you last read a newspaper or novel with text like this. Most of us would give up on the third page, if not sooner.

Don15.gif

The grey border looks fine and the lines give it more order.

The sans serif font (no tails) has to go. Toronto District School Board used this type of font when they first came out with the newer report cards. The major problem is it is too hard to read. It needs to be in Times, Times Roman, or something similar. When did you last read a newspaper or novel with text like this. Most of us would give up on the third page, if not sooner.

Don15.gif

Well I think I have got this sussed. Hopefully I have a new avatar, I am logged in and this message will appear.

If not I wont expect too many replies.

Has anyone ever heard the addage - if it aint broke dont fix it??

All this and my Norton Anti-virus has gone bonkers too. (flashes up a bunch of messages about not being able to confirm my license with the server - tells me to call one of their offices - then asks if I want to update automatically and does it anyway - weird day today).9.gif

Man I think after messing with font size till I'm green in the face I have screwed my fonts up completely. How large is everyone's signatures showing up on the rest of your PC's. The sigs are larger than the text on mine and I can't seem to get them back to small size !!!

Thought I might use this thread to play with some of the functions.

Therefore this is gonna be one ugly reply. What I really want to know is how to insert a photo like I used to be able to.

From what I can see here the only way to insert a photo is by typing the html directly.

another-day-another-dummy.jpg

If my memory is still functional there should be a pic of my daughter above this line. If not my amnesia has saved you viewing yet another proud dad bit. There must be an easier way than this!!

This new board is going to take some getting used to, but the one thing that HAS to go is the insane censoring of words. I've seen the K L of K l i p s c h bleeped, the A S S of b a s s bleeped, etc., etc. The politically correct garbage is bad enough in newspapers, magazines, and TV but it definitely doesn't belong in this forum. What's next, you can't say tweeter because it rhymes with eat her? Censorship is something that should be applied very lightly if at all, no one wants to read profanity or maniacal ravings but software that bleeps letters because the word could be dirty in Esperanto is laughable. Come on Klipsch, show some trust in your forum members - we are all good people here. I would like to read the posts with needing a secret decoder ring. I promise not to type E s s o.

Well, there are some things I like and some things I do not. I do like the speed. Posters' pics of themselves are going to be so much better than mere avatars (Maybe Klipsch should bundle web cams with their PC loudspeaker series - or do they already?)Since Klipsch is changing the best BBS on the Net, I would like to see:

 Censorship should be confined to either a ban of the whole word or a temporary suspension for the user (after a warning of course). It would be nice for the Admin to click on a "Three Days" button for the inappropriate use of the word "***," for example. This would NOT include the description bad *** bass, which is a appropriate cliché often applied to the mid-bass punch of the Klipsch RSW15 subwoofer.

 Field for description of our hobbies, so we can get to know each other better

 Fields for description of our Klipsch components in the User profile

 How about a field for invitations: "Other registered Klipsch members are invited to audition your system? Yes or No?" (Klipsch could set up ad hoc sales offices around the globe.)

 Or, a page telling new Users how to enter their equipment descriptions at Audio Asylum

 I would still like a link on the posting page to go right to next active topic. After I post, I want to go to another topic; not the one to which I just posted. Nor do I wish to see all the posts from today, or the entire active posts either. Instead, I merely want see the active posts from today.

 I miss the emoticons that indicate when you were providing information (!) or posing a question (?)

 A second forum search field on the search page, so we can search two forums at a time for a topic, not just one or all of them, would still be a nice feature.

 Or a field to select which forums NOT to search should also speed things up

 If I have to create a custom search, I would like to be able to save it for future use.

 A spell checker would be handy

 An instruction page for adding pics or avatars would be nice

 The ideal BBS page would always have links back to the Klipsch products pages

Thanks for listening!

4.gif