Austin TX - Belle on CL

bkevind

I don't think this is alert worthy. It's just a guy trying to sell a pair of speakers. Now if they were listed for $500 instead of $2500 at something to post an alert about. The price is pretty much right on or maybe even a little bit high for what they are.

To me an alert is saying you better drop everything you're doing if you're anywhere near these and rush immediately to buy them.

13 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I don't think this is alert worthy. It's just a guy trying to sell a pair of speakers. Now if they were listed for $500 instead of $2500 at something to post an alert about. The price is pretty much right on or maybe even a little bit high for what they are.

I see all kinds, great deals, and other speakers in a person's area.  We used to have a couple of guys who would produce lists of speakers from CL all over the country.

These are for sale in TX.  Klipsch always seems to go for a premium in Texas more than any other place I've seen.  The $2500 is $800 above my spreadsheet avg of $1762 for Belles but for Texas this might be a good deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bkevind said:

Ah, I'm new here, apologies if I misused the forum. I thought it was interesting to see them for sale, I don't see a lot of good Klipsch for sale in my area.  2500 seems like a lot to me, but I don't know the market.

No apologies needed.  You did just fine.

There are a few people here who, by gathering very eclectic data that is inconsistent and comes from mostly unconfirmed sources, try to present what they believe to be "average" prices.  In doing so, I believe that in trying to service buyers, they actually do a disservice to sellers, by presenting pricing that is supposedly "correct", according to the person collecting that data.

That being said, IMHO, $2500 is a fair price for walnut Belles in excellent condition.  Belles rarely come up for sale, and are widely regarded as one of, if not the, most beautiful speakers Klipsch has ever produced.  They sound great, and are similar in design to La Scala's.  Great speakers.

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

There are a few people here who, by gathering very eclectic data that is inconsistent and comes from mostly unconfirmed sources, try to present what they believe to be "average" prices. 

You can use my name, Jim.  It doesn't hurt my feelings.  B)

I am very open about how I gather prices, why I gather prices, and the limitations.  The information is in an Excel spreadsheet which I willing share with anybody on the Klipsch forum who wants it.  It's a research tool I do for fun, nothing more.

It is actually very accurate as long as you understand how an average is done.  It contains data, not opinions.  My opinion is often different from the numbers and I share that as well.

The numbers are the numbers.  

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No apologies needed.  You did just fine.

There are a few people here who, by gathering very eclectic data that is inconsistent and comes from mostly unconfirmed sources, try to present what they believe to be "average" prices.  In doing so, I believe that in trying to service buyers, they actually do a disservice to sellers, by presenting pricing that is supposedly "correct", according to the person collecting that data.

That being said, IMHO, $2500 is a fair price for walnut Belles in excellent condition.  Belles rarely come up for sale, and are widely regarded as one of, if not the, most beautiful speakers Klipsch has ever produced.  They sound great, and are similar in design to La Scala's.  Great speakers.

Well said! Any given sale is worth what a prospective buyer is willing to pay. I paid $550.00 for 4 Belles in great condition which was a ridiculous low price. Put that on a spreadsheet and now the average has been reduced to a price that is NOT average market value.

With that being said, I believe most everyone on the forum knows what is a fair price  for any given Klipsch speaker. Be it high, low or spot on imo is irrelevant to it being posted to the alerts.

12 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Well said! Any given sale is worth what a prospective buyer is willing to pay. I paid $550.00 for 4 Belles in great condition which was a ridiculous low price. Put that on a spreadsheet and now the average has been reduced to a price that is NOT average market value.

That is not what I do.

I exclude sales where the price is 2 standard deviations from the mean.  I note the sales but they are NOT included in the average.

This is clearly notated in my spreadsheet.  Which I am happy to share with anybody who wants to see it.  

I believe most everyone on the forum knows what is a fair price  for any given Klipsch speaker.

This is NOT true.  Many people don't know what their speakers are worth or what a good price is for speakers with which they are not familiar. 

I track Heritage prices.  I don't know what RF-7's are worth.  I don't know what RS-62 sell for.

I started the spreadsheet in the first place because I would offer an OPINION on a certain speaker at $1000 and somebody would say "no, it's $1250."  A third person would say "you're both wrong, it's $1500."  

Who's right?  My opinion is no better or worse than anybody else's so I started gathering data.  Opinions are still OK, but now there can be 20 or 30 sales from which to derive a hi/low and average.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You can use my name, Jim.  It doesn't hurt my feelings.  B)

I am very open about how I gather prices, why I gather prices, and the limitations.  The information is in an Excel spreadsheet which I willing share with anybody on the Klipsch forum who wants it.  It's a research tool I do for fun, nothing more.

It is actually very accurate as long as you understand how an average is done.  It contains data, not opinions.  My opinion is often different from the numbers and I share that as well.

The numbers are the numbers.  

Dave (there you go)....you STILL don't get it.

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Dave (there you go)....you STILL don't get it.

I'm not mindless or stupid.  Please feel free to explain it to me.  If you don't want my data, don't use it.  It doesn't hurt my feelings.  B)

I get LOTS of PM's from people asking for the spreadsheet who ARE appreciative of my sending it to them.  Please explain to all those other forum members why they also don't "get it" according to your judgement.  

Apparently you didn't read my previous post, but, I'm not surprised.  Really happy for you that you get LOTS of PM's.  And, I didn't say anything about "all of those other forum members".    I only have issues with your methodology and "reasoning", not anyone else, so please don't infer such.  Thank you.