Interesting Cornscala type build on Ebay using the CF-4 horn.

Shiva

7 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Very interesting indeed..  :ph34r:

Lol. :D Just noticed that the seller is you. Small world I guess.  I think that is the first time I have seen the CF4 horn used in a three way. How do they sound.

3 hours ago, shiva said:

Lol. :D Just noticed that the seller is you. Small world I guess.  I think that is the first time I have seen the CF4 horn used in a three way. How do they sound.

I need to put them back into rotation now that I've let the Chorus 1's burn in for awhile. First impression was that these sounded very close actually to the Chorus speakers-- bass response is almost identical. The mids have that distinct Tractrix openness to them and the A55-g drivers are just crystal clear and detailed. 

I'd really rather not sell them but that's where I have most of my speaker money sitting right now and I just rebuilt the Chorus 1's and had a set of  Chorus II's dropped in my lap all within a few days of each other. I go almost two years without being able to find a pair of Chorus speakers and two pairs fall from the sky just as I'm wrapping up this build, crazy timing. 

I have these priced high on eBay to hopefully direct people to Craigslist where I have them listed at $1400, anyone here interested send me a PM and I will give you my bottom number. If I can't get close to what I have into them though I'll just keep them and move them east. 

@wuzzzer this is all very interesting, but I need to shake some clients to get my RC-7 towers from him first.  You would think that he could just find a good speaker and stay with it.  My real problem is that he is my local @Youthman. If there are any good speaker deals, he is going to get them first, mutate them into something glorious and sell it before I even hear about it. He was the source of my beloved RC-7 and I am not sure if he did anything to it or not.

3 hours ago, vasubandu said:

You would think that he could just find a good speaker and stay with it. 

I'm almost there, its basically down to the Chorus 1's, the Chorus II's or these 362's. I'll probably keep two out of the three which means one pair has to go. All three are very capable speakers that I could be happy with long term just need to  drop the axe on one.

I had my "stay with it" stereo and speaker set a few years ago and then I got married, moved in with the wife and sold off most of my gear. I actually bought a brand new pair of Klipsch RB-81 II's thinking that would fill the Chorus II / Ultra 2 sub void.. :rolleyes:. It's taken a couple years but I've slowly elbowed out enough room for (and finally found) Choruses again, the ultra 2 subs will be a little harder to squeeze back into the mix though and won't happen any time soon.