Grill Fabric for my Cornwall's

TFR1

My Cornwall project is nearly complete. The original plan was to use an Irish linen similar to the Cornwall III Special Edition.

Now, a more traditional black grill cloth appeals to me.

Bob Crites website lists grill cloth that looks OK.

Are there other choices available?

Cornwall-Special-Edition-Lifestyle-4.jpg

I do like that Irish Linen cloth and I need to order some to recover both pairs of my Dynaco A25's in them.  I'd bought some years ago at Joanne's Fabrics but it's a little too thick and hard to work with.  Good looking cloth.  When you say "traditional black cloth", are you talking about the traditional stretchy cloth like most speakers use or the Klipsch traditional black cloth that Crites has?

Where is it again that Klipsch gets their grill cloth?  I know I read it somewhere but maybe there are some other places that have something similar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

When you say "traditional black cloth", are you talking about the traditional stretchy cloth like most speakers use or the Klipsch traditional black cloth that Crites has?

@avguytx

Yes, I am looking at the Crites black cloth as a replacement for the Klipsch original.

There are several sources for the Lambs Wool linen. I believe it is 18TPI thread count, tea dyed. 

This is what I have look at.

Company is 123 Stitch........

18 Count Lambswool Linen Fabric 27x36

zoom.gif Click Picture to Zoom

18 Count Lambswool Linen Fabric 27x36

Wichelt

$43.00  $40.84 + $3.49 shipping within the U.S.

popularity_stars_5.png (3 reviews)

Size: 27" x 36"

Approximate DMC Equivalent: 822

In Stock. Usually ships in 1-2 business days.

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100wish_list_add.jpg
Item: 59-135X - Type: Fabric.
100% linen
Also size 36" x 55" for $77.39
Also size 9" x 13" for $5.10
Also size 13" x 18" for $10.20
Also size 18" x 27" for $20.41

Designer: Wichelt Fabric

On 3/1/2018 at 8:21 AM, TFR1 said:

My Cornwall project is nearly complete. The original plan was to use an Irish linen similar to the Cornwall III Special Edition.

Now, a more traditional black grill cloth appeals to me.

Bob Crites website lists grill cloth that looks OK.

Are there other choices available?

Cornwall-Special-Edition-Lifestyle-4.jpg

I like the tone of the stain.   Do you know what stain is on those?  Very nice with that grill color.

• Like 1

GIK sells Guilford of Maine, which I used to cover a bunch of acoustic panels. It looks fairly similar to my Cornwalls, except without as aggressive of a weave texture. I think it would make nice replacement grill cloth. 

29 minutes ago, TFR1 said:

Decided to order original style material from Bob Crites.

I am going to build another pair of Cornwalls. Maybe they will get the lambswool linen treatment.

I redid my cornwall covers last weekend with the Bob Crites stuff.  They turned out nice.

• Thanks 1

I emailed Wendell Fabrics about the grill cloth.  Anyone want to go in on some cloth? Lol. That's reasonable for the cloth. I only need it for 2 pairs of Dynaco A25's.

This was their reply...

Cost of both materials are $21.35 per yard.  Minimum order is 2 yards with a $15.00 handling fee because ordering less than 5 yards (if ordering 5 yards or more there is no handling fee).  Only additional charge would be UPS charges from 29702 to destination.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

@avguytx

When I looked at the Wendell Fabric site, I was unsure of which fabric was the "Klipsch" material.

Crites gets $54 for 1 yard shipped. 5 yds from Wendell Fabrics would be a bargain.

One yard of material would cover 2 Cornwall grills. Might not be worth the trouble to order 5 yards to save $50.:unsure:

Jerry

Well, the Heritage grill cloth from back then is definitely different than what they're using now....at least as far as the new Forte III and Cornwall III is concerned.  It's funny that if order that material, 2 yards with shipping, etc., I'll have more in the grill cloth than I do the speakers.  lol  The DA5002 is what that top Cornwall III picture looks like to me.  I'm not sure about which version is the Heritage replacement that Crites is using.  My buddy in Tulsa said the same thing in regards to the new version  of Klipsch Heritage fabric in it coming from Wendell.  Of course,  we aren't buying it in bulk like those other places are.  You might email them and see which version it is; they replied back to me pretty quick.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:41 PM, mopardave said:

I redid my cornwall covers last weekend with the Bob Crites stuff.  They turned out nice.

Made back to my dads where i store the CW's. Installed the freshly covered grills and had some issues. 1 they are now too tight to fit, so will fequire some trimming. 2 with them wedged in, they are a bit loose or baggy where the cutouts are. Any way to tighten that up without completely redoing covers? Heat gun?

20180309_182731.jpg