Heresy Speakers Needed

dubs

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I’m new to Heresys. What’s the prefered series? Logic says newer is better, but that’s not always the case with speakers. 

Yes the HIIIs are considered an improvement on the already wonderful Heresy I's and II's but the price points are clearly different.

If your buddy is near have him go look at these.  I would if near to me.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/klipsch-heresy-1-speakers/6510244695.html

00I0I_gJEvNcuCBlC_600x450.jpg

*HBR - professionally refinished. In flawless conditions.
*Crites crossover rebuild
*Crites tweeter horn upgrade (w| original Klipsch tweeter horns included)
Acousta Stuffed cabinets (loose material easily removed)
*Risers included
*Sound great, look great. Perfect condition

Bill

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dubs said:

I sent him those in a link. I’m not versed with all the upgrades and what them mean. Do they add value and are well known must have upgrades? Or is it smoke’n mirrors? 

When I got my Heresys, one tweeter was blown and being over 30 years old, I bought a crossover rebuild kit from Bob Crites and a pair of his CT-125 tweeters.  Good as new and maybe better with the after market tweeters.  Those are Heresy I's in the ad and most likely a minimum of 35 years old so they would be due for a "refreshing" anyway.

Price seems fair for condition and "extras".

Bill

3 hours ago, willland said:

When I got my Heresys, one tweeter was blown and being over 30 years old, I bought a crossover rebuild kit from Bob Crites and a pair of his CT-125 tweeters.  Good as new and maybe better with the after market tweeters.  Those are Heresy I's in the ad and most likely a minimum of 35 years old so they would be due for a "refreshing" anyway.

Price seems fair for condition and "extras".

Bill

Heresy I's with no upgrades go 400.00 bucks in atlanta, not a bad deal with upgrades. Plus you can sell the old tweeters, just don't wait to long or they will be gone. Good luck

• Like 1