$2000 set of Forte on the bay

avguytx

Can't go wrong with Black Klipsch!  I've spent A LOT of time checking out veneers and i'm trying my best to fight off the urge to go walnut(a premium figured walnut is pretty pricey), but i think i just need to reconstruct/repair the veneer damage my black Oak Chorus II have, and use a black dye to cover and a ebony stain to get deep into the grains and then a satin finish.  When you see the grain of ebonized oak or ash in the light, it looks really slick.  I'm also tempted to go with the 70th anniversary silver grills too, but i'm scared of shipping my grills and they get damaged in the process as Duracrest won't sell me the grill cloth alone and want me to ship my grills to them to put the grill cloth on.  $125+ shipping is a good deal imo.  I believe $150 plus shipping to do the lambswool grill cloth if i went Walnut veneer with a deep rich brown stain. Crites sells the heritage grill cloth, but for Forte's and Chorus, Quartets, KLF and CF series, i think the thinner more transparent new black cloth the Forte III's use would be a better option and you'd have to go through Duracrest for those.  Klipsch parts sells the Jubilee pie badges too.  All of that and fresh paint on the front and back motorboards will really modernize and bring your 80s-90s-early2k speakers to like new factory speakers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

But heck, I'm the guy who likes black speakers.

You’re not alone Dave.  Since SWMBO wouldn’t tolerate speakers in the living room, there’s no need to make them look like fine furniture.  Once exposed to Duratex, I put it on all my speaker projects.  Heck, I might try it on the car. ;-)

• Like 2