the smell of new audio...

prodj101

is there anything better? when you get your new speakers, and open up the box and smell the smell of audio equipment. And unwrap the plastic bags on the speakers/amps etc. I thought of this cause when oarnge peel posted the pic of the SVS half unwrapped, it brought back memories of all the stuff I've ordered, lol.

Yep, new car smell 9.gif Actually, Hyundia is supposed to have a horrible new car smell. I was in a new Porsche Boxster S, well, HEAVEN!!!

I like when you buy a new "thing" (digital camera, computer component, audio component, etc.) how it is so clean and, well, new! The smell and the look, so nice...

After I setup and installed all the components in my new system (speakers, amp, subwoofer, and cabling), the whole room smelled like new speakers for the better part of several months. Kinda like that smell when you go into an audio/video store with all that shiny new equipment.

My friends even commented about that "new speaker" smell when they noticed it after visiting here.

Ah yes the intoxicating toxic smell of new amps heating and glue smell of ported speakers,ah 14.gif R.I.P.

LOL

When I purchased my R series Klipsch my room had a "Klipsch glue smell"I was trying to get rid by lifting the heating a bit and venting. LOL

And the smell of Dynaudio Contours..sniff sniff ah,now long gone replaced by an earie Ear smell. LOL

And even my amps all have this Earfull smell! And the headphones,smell like shampoo.

WIth time all smells like the owners,I wish I could buy Krell perfume to put some freshness in,this way I could burn in the Krell all over again. LOL

9.gif