I am very glad I responded.   Someone contacted me randomly and offered me a pair of heresys in a zebrawood original finish.... Got a killer deal I think.   Were these an optional finish from klipsch?   All info almost completely worn off in the back on both labels.   What would one speculate that they may be worth out of curiosity?   I have never seen this finish before. Any input or info is appreciated 

00A0A_atD0C1kuw1v_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_hZ6l6czPJ42_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_9nunZSPsG7m_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_iP3HLO87j7O_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

You might try different lighting angles or types of lighting to reveal more of the faded info on their tags. 

By the way zebrawood was one of the highest cost finishes they offered in that time period.

Value wise it just depends on how much someone  values that finish but I bet they are pretty rare. 

Are they as flawless as your photos indicate so far?

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Best way to clean these grilles?   Stupid question perhaps, but can I take them to the dry cleaners?  Haha

I haven’t had a need to clean grills myself so I’m no help but maybe others will have experience and chime in but they sure look pretty good in the pictures you have posted so far. I would be very cautious myself.

Glad I asked then.   Fair enough I won't oil them.  Good point I hadn't thought about that.  Yeah I wasn't going to do anything to the grilles until someone else can share a safe and effective method with me. They aren't terrible but they are dicolored/ a touch dirty.  I don't think is sub bleaching or anything of the sort. 

I haven't.  They Def look unmolested for sure.   The bubble wrap looked old too so I believe him.  Rare that I get a text for something that I want.  I really don't need anymore speakers but I had to buy these.   The wife of the seller got me at zebra... 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I am going to oil them up well and see how much better they turn out.  They have been bubble wrapped for 10 plus years seller said 

No oil if they are lacquer.  Very damp cloth or maybe a thin layer of quality furniture polish. 

Bill

• Like 1