Vintage Telefunken Stereo Console

Emile

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Your Ortophon red isn't up to our standards either.

Haha ... how did I know you would chime in :D  OK; will buy an Ortophone "Black" when I get some money from the stock market ... nah ... too cheap ... only play one record per month :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Your Ortophon red isn't up to our standards either.

That's what I put on  my sl1200mkII... works for me, but the alternative was an old sewing needle glued to a cheap Pickering cart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

New thought available....

1. Since the Marantz will become part of the console....

2. Use your table saw to trim an 1/8" off the front and the back of the TT base (please do not hurt me lol)

3. Drop into your console like a greased eel slipping down a wet drain pipe....

• Like 1

350 mm is 13 3/4" depth by the published standards in the owners manual,  

vintage hifi com has a nice download page....

I've been thinking, that if you just remove the top plastic dust cover and it's accompanying brackets, that your TT replacement will readily "drop-in"

The owners manual has the wiring information printed in the event disassembly has commenced, if the table saw is speaking to you...

Have a great day

• Like 1

5 hours ago, windashine said:

I've been thinking, that if you just remove the top plastic dust cover and it's accompanying brackets, that your TT replacement will readily "drop-in"

Thanks ... close but no cigar.  Still about 1-2mm too big ... plus probably want a little more space so the feet act as cushions ... If I fit it "tight" the vibrations from haha the better speakers will surely be a problem :D 

Thanks, Emile

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Darn ... too late :(  Plus probably did not want to spend $459 :D 

Thanks, Emile

Have a look at the website, they have less expensive ones, too. If I hadn't picked up my sl1200 for what ended up being zero dollars, I would have tried one.

Bruce

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Have a look at the website, they have less expensive ones, too

Actually pretty nice :D  Darn, if I would have seen this sooner I might have gone for it :)  Now I have to chop up the Marantz (bought an additional frame) :( 

Thanks, Emile

OK; couldn't resist :D  Bought some more stuff to put into my vintage stereo console.  Yamaha CR-820 and an Oppo DV-970HD.  The Yammie has a "presence" control knob ... unfamiliar with those ... think it's up/down in the 3 KHz range :) 

Haha ... stuff will get here when my wife is "out of town" next week.  Will have to make some motorboards to fit my RF-3 and SB-3 speakers into it :( 

Posted some of this in "What I got Today" also. :D 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That thing is looking great. I liked your idea so much that i went out and got a 1959 rca console with just a turntable and a tube amp

Very simple design. I may install my Yamaha 3060 TT in it and leave the amp in it. And it’s stereo with 2 way speaker setup

Keep up with the photos so I can copy some of your ideas, if your ok with that

• Haha 1