Epic CF-4s - new listing

WFP

52 minutes ago, avguytx said:

They are version 1.  Serial numbers start with 21349.  Light oak finish.

I didn't know Light Oak was an option.  My CF-4's are Med Oak.  If any of you guys pick those up, please let me know what condition they're in and I'll add that info to the spreadsheet as that was not listed in the CL ad.

That CL ad looks suspicious but you guys have obviously done your due diligence so I guess the whole thing is legit.

My spreadsheet shows CF-4's average price is $1033 with nine sales I've recorded.  My OPINION is that CF-4's in good condition go for about $800 but the numbers indicate different. 

I show some sales $1026, 1500, 1430, 1400, and 1000.  The low price I show at $630 on Ebay, v2 or v2, not much info.

Color options for Epic:

image.png.836197571e7fb1599eaa5e32f14a5eec.png

Definitely legit; I've talked to the owner.   I'm not really fond of Light Oak and my CF-3's were medium Oak. I believe.  If I had my pick of a pair, it would be Walnut first then Cherry.  

I guess I could always re-veneer them in Walnut someday.

• Like 2

Good deal.  I'm sure they look great and will sound even better!  Thanks for getting them as I don't need them right now while we're building a house and storage space is at a minimum.  haha.  Plus, I have the Belle's I built that I want to enjoy and plan on building a horn loaded sub once things settle down after we're moved in.  (settle down......riiiigghhhtt)

29 minutes ago, HOGFAN said:

I'm heading over shortly to look at them......if I pick them up, I'll certainly report back.

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, HOGFAN said:

Excellent!  I hope they are in good shape and you bring em home.  Nice price for them too.

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Thanks for getting them as I don't need them right now

LOL!  I know what you mean!

We get some great deals across this forum and I always want one of everything.  I'll read the ad and think "I hope someone else grabs this quick" because I know I'm weak and I won't be able to hold off very long.

That's how I got my Marantz 6011, it was offered by a forum member at a GREAT price.  I didn't need it, it had more features than I wanted and I was hoping someone else would grab it.  I held off a week, but I couldn't hold out any longer and the deal was made!

Still one of my best purchases.  I really like that thing.   B)

The ad has been pulled so someone picked them up....thankfully.  lol  I could have bought them and stored them somewhere for when our house is done but I really didn't need them.  I have "new Belle's" that aren't even broken in yet plus a mild group of other things, anyway.  The story behind those CF-4's is that they were one owner in excellent shape the owner was a one time plant manager at Klipsch in Hope years ago.  I'm not sure of the persons name but I thought it was a neat story.

Congrats to the new owner if you're on here

4 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Congrats to the new owner if you're on here

@HOGFANlives in the same town Little Rock as the Seller.  He said a few posts upstream he was going to look at them.  I would think buying CF-4's from a former plant manager at Klipsch would be exactly the kind of Seller you would want to buy from, you know they were well taken care of.

If they had been Walnut (preferably) or Cherry, they would have been mine the moment they were listed.  lol.  I'm just not a fan of Oak in any variation of it and, although my wife did like the sound of my CF-3's, she was never a fan of the look like me.  Part of the reason my Belle's were done in ribbon Mahogany...besides getting a deal on the Mahogany veneer; otherwise, I would have ordered Walnut veneer.

13 hours ago, avguytx said:

No one has chimed in to say they got them yet. I'm wondering if one of the Little Rock flippers got them. Oh well...

I had also been in contact within a couple of hours of the listing, while working, and was awaiting pics but I never did receive any any. I was planning on attempting a meet after work but alas, another likely miss to a hawk. 

It wasn't me.  I could not get away from the office as quick as I wanted to, and by the time I checked in with the seller, they had already sold.  I certainly did not need them, but that has not stopped me before.

I'm guessing one of our central AR "flippers" picked them up.  They'll probably show up soon at a price around $2K.  I guess there are way too many uninformed buyers around to cut down on this.

Hogfan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah.,  lol  Like that one dude that posts stuff on Little Rock CL that needs to learn how to take pictures of the gear he lists.  Always at the same angles, or close to it, or same pic but blurry.  Worst listings I've ever seen.  No wonder he still has a room full of stuff.