Sticky McIntosh Remotes....

Mighty Favog

O.K, so I've got three remotes for various Mac gear (C46, MVP871, etc.). Over time the rubberized coating begins to deteriorate and feels sticky to the touch (YECH!!).

I was thinking of hitting them with GooGone but that would take off the lettering too leaving me to wonder where commands are.

Not really interested in an aftermarket universal remote but does anyone know of a Mac remote that is all plastic that will controll all these beasts? I usually use the C46 to controll all three pieces with the exception of some of the setting on the 871.

Thx....

I rarely use my Mc remotes since I use a Harmony but an option is to use the Mc app on my phone and laptop. Mine is an MX151 so don't know if there is one for the C46.

Edit; I just looked it's not an app but connects via IP address on my network sooo never mind

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sticky-remote-problem-fixed-in-replacement-remotes-from-mcintosh.823887/

in the name of science, I looked on the top shelf in my laundry closet, and wanted to suggest that you try a few odd remedies besides goo-gone, too many solvents in that choice, whereas an organic orange oil would do the same however, I don't have a sticky remote around to test (but will look probably later) thus, google says to make a mixture of baking soda and water to remove that coating on your plastic malformities ...