Damage your subwoofer has done

zandern

I have heard stories of people having their subs cranked and causing damage around the house or apt. Some examples may include pictures falling off walls, monitors or tvs falling of furniture, etc. I just want to hear some other peoples stories, I'm sure there is many in this forum with all the RSW's, SVS's, and a few Sunfire's.

About subwoofer damage

The only damage my subs can do its to my hearing if I push them.Unless you live in a wooden shack or low brow building with paper walls subs should NOT cause any structural damage.

The stories about walls falling,windows blown are pure imagination(blown out of proportion).Its like the subs extinguishing candles(yeah maybe if the sub is ported and the candle is placed facing the port).

Sure walls vibrate,doors buzz if not closed tight,even the floor vibrates.See I live in a building where separations,and the structure is made of reinforced concrete.And covered with a double layer of bricks.You can fire a shotgun in the apartament below me and I would not even hear(unless it would be perfectly quiet and I was warned before).

Sure if I lived in a low cost housing in DA projects I would probably wake the HOOD and call all gangstaz home. LOL Its not the case

Many homes in Canada and the USA are shacks with wooden frames and even a medium tornato rips them from the foundations.And 150Km/h winds leave only the basement!It would take a huge F5 tornado to do serious damage to the building where I live. 3.gif

I have had coke cans fall off my desk, had a star shaped thing fall off from above my door (don't even ask why the star is rthere-- all I can say is mothers don't care to let some people decorate their own rooms...7.gif) and my mom blamed me and my music for the fireplace mantle thing falling over and breaking-- this is downstairs, and I am upstairs, so I am thinking no... but other than that I don't think much has happened...

WOW

V05 shampoo and coke cans! LOL

You are both lucky you dont have all my subs,or you would cause a tornado and knock the rooftops.

Oh yes I am adding a RSW12 and RSW15 in November! MUA HA HA HA SVS in March 2003 and another HGS18 further down the road.MUA HA HA HA I am insane 3.gif

I have all the Sunfires(3),two Carver(Knight Shadow),and now a RSW10 used with my PC.This is in the small Klipsch room.I want to add a RSW12 and 15 to the Klipsch(all KLipsch speakers) room and move the RSW10 to HT duty with the RSW12 and 15 plus the Sunfires/Carvers. 1.gif

Next up is four SVS(two Ultras and two CS-Plus)with the Aerial SW12,Revel B15 and Velo HGS18 in the larger Dynadudio(mostly Dynes) room.

For my PC I will get a Paradigm PW2200(again!Yes I had one ...returned it...and now I will get another LOL)

What do you want I am a sub sicko

i haven't done any damage but the thing that always makes me laugh is when putting on that thx optimizer thing on some dvds, that do a frequency sweep. it starts at 200hz and goes down to 20hz. my sub (pw2200) is at a higher level than the rest of the speakers. so as it's going down in frequecies i could here one thing vibrate. then it stops. then something else starts to vibrate. then that thing stops. it does this like four or five times, and every time something else in my basement vibrates. all in all i can here a door, a window, a door from an armoire in the back of the room, another door, and the whole appliance that my tv and ht equipment sits in.

well at my house i do get vibration on the kitchen cabinets and stuff and the walls do rumble a bit , but if you build a HT from scratch from a unfinished basement you should be able to build a solid HT room like my friend has, nothing rumbles exept the subs ... you can see the construction on his basement we did step by step to the finished HT .. its amazing..

the site is ....

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/FB/dvs.html

this is a photo of the rear of the HT hope you can see it ..

post-6731-13819245535968_thumb.jpg

When I was in college my roommate had a Velodyne 12 inch and I had a little Yamaha 8 inch sub. The 2 of them combined would shake pictures and other items off the walls of the people a floor up and people down the hall from us. Needless to say we got in trouble often, but what is the fun of living in dorms if you can't shake the neighbors? Right??? 1.gif

11.gif

I know when I play something like Toccata in D minor, or the 1812 Overture, it sure starts thangs a dancing. A couple of times I've thought the glass was coming out the gun cabinet doors!

2.gif I rarely play the k'horns at low volume.

And my listening room is not that small.

My Infinity HPS 250 really shook the dorms. The sound just shaked and boomed down the halls and stairwells. My brothers roomate had the Sunfire Signature. Thats awesome in a little 11X16 dorm room. He never had to turn it over 1/4 power. Now that could be heard anywhere. Sitting on the john my sub shock the seat, Sunfire shook the pipes in the walls. Good thing they never turned it up or we might have wet @sses.

Zandern,

Now you are talking 1.gif Good job,a Sunfire Signature HE HE This bugger can whip massive SPL and shake the house like a hurricane.Last night I was watching Gladiator in DTS ES.Full blast ...WOW

The starting fight scenes are simply awesome...with each catapult shot the room shook like a leaf.

Sunfires are truly awesome HT subs,and when used in groups of five they cause tremors. 9.gif

In the large room its also a heck of a show,my massive subsonic army really rips.