The Klipsch Audio Community
tipatina

Cornwall IV

2 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Chef Bonehead is the designer 😎

Years ago, in a Usenet newsgroup, I witnessed a hilarious argument about psychoacoustics. "Person A" would say something, and "Person B" would respond that no, that's not how it works. The argument grew increasingly heated until finally Person A said to Person B, "You don't know what you're talking about. Here, read these papers to educate yourself and then write back." He then cited a number of AES and IEEE papers.

What Person A didn't know was that Person B was "JJ" Johnston, of Bell Labs ... the author of the very papers that Person A cited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, dls_123 said:

just change three capacitors and maybe one or two resistors.

wrong move -the  10 years warranty is voided if you modify the speaker -

7 hours ago, dls_123 said:

Hi

I am not going to build a new crossover, just change what looks like three capacitors and maybe one or two resistors.  Have to see which crossover is in mine.  Not changing the board out, just a few parts and will use exactly the same values, so not changing the circuit at all and using the same boards.

Looking forward to your impressions as you experiment.  

22 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

How would it be any different?

More so the path I guess, how does the signal split (other than High/low, obivioulsy)  I guess to me the schematic is quit clear. 

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Probably done once any screw is removed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edgar said:

What Person A didn't know was that Person B was "JJ" Johnston, of Bell Labs ... the author of the very papers that Person A cited.

Written language is such a poor medium to convey truth...

:wink:

Chris

P.S.: see https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/167098-what-book-are-you-reading/page/3/&tab=comments#comment-2146906 or

https://fs.blog/2015/12/garrett-hardin-three-filters/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I don't think he really cares about that.  I wouldn't if I wanted to experiment.

If one could just think for a second, how the speaker would feel, someone poking and prodding your internals around.

Yes, just paid good money for you and just can't wait to get you in my garage to experiment on you.

Must be the solder...

5 hours ago, Edgar said:

In the movie "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield playing a successful businessman who decided to go back to college and get a degree. Since he had lots of money, he was able to hire people to do some of his homework for him. He even went as far as hiring Kurt Vonnegut  to write a book report on one of Kurt own books! The college professor gave him a low grade and wrote a note saying that Rodney simply did not understand the work of Kurt Vonnegut!! LOL. Funny but true in life somtimes!!!

• Like 1

When I read of someone doing something like this I'm reminded of my wonderful wife and her habit of tweaking EVERY cooking recipe she's ever followed.  I don't tease her about it but it's clear that it's her way of taking credit for how a dish - that is 99.999% someone else's - turned out.  ..She add's a small dash of this, a sprig of that - two additions that probably aren't noticeable - but she does anyway so that she can tell people, "yes, it's a recipe but I improved it quite a bit.."