WOW! That is a serious set of speakers.

m00n

Those appear to be Oris horns with Lowther drivers and some kind of basshorn, probably DIY. Looks kinda like that Cerwin-Vega basshorn I see in the Musicians Friend catalog.

Our horn club meeting next Saturday will be at the place of a guy who uses Oris horns on Supravox drivers with JBL 4648s to handle the bass.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org

Dean---Actually we do more shooting the bull than cranking. I've never fully cranked my VOTs or 605s at a meeting though I've had them pretty damned loud. Sometimes the guys upstairs listening to the 605s will try to overcome the VOTs playing downstairs but it's a losing battle. I try to keep only one system going at a time but sometimes.....

The guys bring different amps and CD players and DACs and such which we use through my speakers, that's interesting. Heard lots of nice amps through the 605s; Berning, Korneff, AudioNote (not so nice actually), gaincard clones, TriPaths, modded Dynacos etc. One guy brought an OTL amp, the name escapes me, that sounded VERY fine.

A guy with Edgar Titans wants to bring over his huge Edgar Seismic horn sub for a meeting to see if it will shoot-down the double JBL 4648s I use to augment my A5 VOTs. I fear it will.

You know we only have a couple of Klipsch guys that come to the meetings, one of whom just bought LaScalas about a month ago from another member who never used them. I wish more Klipsch guys came out. I think lots of Klipschies are unaware of the horn scene out there and would dig it.

Anyone interested in the meeting Saturday can find info on the activities page on my site.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org