Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Woofers and Tweeters

Luxman R115 $100 Kankakee, IL

Recommended Posts

Thank you James,

Maybe I'll get lucky and have this fall in my lap

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Thank you James,

Maybe I'll get lucky and have this fall in my lap

 

Mark

Good luck to you. I have one and it is under rated, IMHO.

@willland said what he did in this thread, and after a few PMs and searches in other forums that confirmed what he said, I scores both the R117 and R115. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Good luck to you. I have one and it is under rated, IMHO.

@willland said what he did in this thread, and after a few PMs and searches in other forums that confirmed what he said, I scores both the R117 and R115. 

I have been holding out for a 117 but this is a nice receiver. I am talking with him to try and pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks for the lead.

 

Mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you get it! I would and if a remote with it.. cooler still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No remote.  I spoke with him on Sat and am supposed to pick it up today.  However, @ZEUS121996 let me know, I don't want two of us fighting over it.

I don't NEED it, so let me know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the pleasure of listening to them both. Driving something such as Chorus, the extra power of the 117 could be used to help someone go deaf more quickly. Klipsch Heritage can do that with less power, so the 115 will do fine. Both have lots of headroom and a full body sound. 

 

Reading other forum's 'top receivers' type threads, the R117 gets mentioned a lot. I believe that several people have listed similar problems of the volume circuit having issues, or something like that.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, opusk2k9 said:

No remote.  I spoke with him on Sat and am supposed to pick it up today.  However, @ZEUS121996 let me know, I don't want two of us fighting over it.

I don't NEED it, so let me know.

I'm stepping aside, I need to sell gear right now. 

Go get it!

 

Mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked it up.  I got a poor audition on it (single speaker). 

I wiped my hands down with Clorox wipes when I got back to the car.

 

I got it home wiped it down and gave it a quick test with cheap speakers and it appears to work fine.

I will have to play a bit more later.

 

@Woofers and Tweeters thanks for the alert.  Mark, let me know if you want to borrow it to play.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hooked mine up to my KLF 30s and it played super loud and clean without breaking a sweat. Have fun with it! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Major SCORE for that price! I have 2 (loved the 1st one so much, I bought a spare) I paid about 250.00 each for mine. The 115 is underappreciated because everyone chases the 117. With Klipsch, the 115 is plenty. My Chorus will vibrate CD's out of their storage rack at 1/3 volume 😃

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

I hooked mine up to my KLF 30s and it played super loud and clean without breaking a sweat. Have fun with it! 

 

They are sleepers.

 

 

59 minutes ago, 4JaxJags said:

Major SCORE for that price! I have 2 (loved the 1st one so much, I bought a spare) I paid about 250.00 each for mine. The 115 is underappreciated because everyone chases the 117. With Klipsch, the 115 is plenty. My Chorus will vibrate CD's out of their storage rack at 1/3 volume 😃

 

I was close to buying a second one for ~$200. You're right on it being a great amp for that price. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 7:10 PM, opusk2k9 said:

I picked it up.  I got a poor audition on it (single speaker). 

I wiped my hands down with Clorox wipes when I got back to the car.

 

I got it home wiped it down and gave it a quick test with cheap speakers and it appears to work fine.

I will have to play a bit more later.

 

@Woofers and Tweeters thanks for the alert.  Mark, let me know if you want to borrow it to play.

 

 

You're welcome. Wish I could help you more in the same way that you've helped me: Thanks, you have helped me spend thousands of dollars, and worth every dime. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

 

You're welcome. Wish I could help you more in the same way that you've helped me: Thanks, you have helped me spend thousands of dollars, and worth every dime. 

The basement is full, I should really stop, but...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

The basement is full, I should really stop, but...

You're cracking me up! We had this discussion 4 or 5 years ago. How's the purge going?🙄🙄🙄

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

The basement is full, I should really stop, but...

 

1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

You're cracking me up! We had this discussion 4 or 5 years ago. How's the purge going?🙄🙄🙄

 

Mark

Just like the rest of us: Blissfully.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

You're cracking me up! We had this discussion 4 or 5 years ago. How's the purge going?🙄🙄🙄

 

Mark

 

Excuse me sir!  I have a system!  Sell one, buy three, what is wrong with that!?!?!?

Just topping off my strategic stockpile of audio equipment, a pandemic preppers dream!  😁

 

It's not my fault audio sales have been slow (and that I haven't posted the other 90% of what I have).

The pandemic is not helping my OCD...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

 

Excuse me sir!  I have a system!  Sell one, buy three, what is wrong with that!?!?!?

Just topping off my strategic stockpile of audio equipment, a pandemic preppers dream!  😁

 

It's not my fault audio sales have been slow (and that I haven't posted the other 90% of what I have).

The pandemic is not helping my OCD...

I think your system is dialed in, you do need a pair of 1900s IF you have figured out a way to get the double bass bin in the basement without punching a hole on the walls. You know I'll be there to help you make that move. @The History Kidis making a solid living now, cut the kid a break and unload a pair of Belles on him. 

This pandemic has to be slowing your buying down, enough of it, get out there and BUY!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

IF you have figured out a way to get the double bass bin in the basement without punching a hole on the walls.

 

I measured at one point, I think the single bass bins fit down the stairs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, opusk2k9 said:

 

I measured at one point, I think the single bass bins fit down the stairs...

I know the singles fit, I know you want the double bins. As they say

Go big or.....never mind, you've gone large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...