Ideal tube amp for RF-7III

JoeJoeThe3rd

I have no knowledge with or of tube amps. I am wondering what would be the best or some ideal tube amps that I could pair up with my rf7iii speakers. I would be doing this for music listening purposes. Recently I think I turned my speakers up a little to loud and now my ear hurt when ever I listen to music on my rf7iii’s, last a certain loudness. I’m trying my best to take it easy and let me ears heal so this will go away. Do you guys think it will if I take it easy on my ears and let them heal? I love klipsch and I don’t want to get rid of these speakers I want to work around it and find a way to fix this problem because I love these speakers.  But ever since I got these speakers I was interested in a nice tube amp. I think it would Be an easy way to help with some of the problems I am having and I want to try the sound of a tube amp out. Right now I am using a anthem mrx720 and some external amplification via a Parasound a31. Even with movies it seems my ears are sensitive but I know there always around this I hope and I also hope with time it will go away. Thanks guys. 

13 hours ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

I have no knowledge with or of tube amps. I am wondering what would be the best or some ideal tube amps that I could pair up with my rf7iii speakers. I would be doing this for music listening purposes. Recently I think I turned my speakers up a little to loud and now my ear hurt when ever I listen to music on my rf7iii’s, last a certain loudness. I’m trying my best to take it easy and let me ears heal so this will go away. Do you guys think it will if I take it easy on my ears and let them heal? I love klipsch and I don’t want to get rid of these speakers I want to work around it and find a way to fix this problem because I love these speakers.  But ever since I got these speakers I was interested in a nice tube amp. I think it would Be an easy way to help with some of the problems I am having and I want to try the sound of a tube amp out. Right now I am using a anthem mrx720 and some external amplification via a Parasound a31. Even with movies it seems my ears are sensitive but I know there always around this I hope and I also hope with time it will go away. Thanks guys. 

I had an ear problem in my left ear certain Freq. at anything above Volume X would cause a buzzing / vibration sound. The issue has not been as present of late I took a mandatory break from speakers for 5 years and since coming back to them the issue is MUCH less present. Try Listening off axis as well, that sometimes helped back when the issue was a constant nuisance 

14 hours ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

Having experienced what you have a time or two, I can say that your ears will heal, if you do give them a rest and keep the volume dial down for a while.  In regards to tubes, do you want a straight power amp to connect to your Anthem, or perhaps an integrated amp to play with instead?  What is your price point as well?  

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Having experienced what you have a time or two, I can say that your ears will heal, if you do give them a rest and keep the volume dial down for a while.  In regards to tubes, do you want a straight power amp to connect to your Anthem, or perhaps an integrated amp to play with instead?  What is your price point as well?  

O hold so I can get a power tube amp to plug into my anthem, I was unaware of this. I want what will sound best. The best possible scenario. My price point is anywhere from 200-2000 give or take maybe a couple thousand lol. Idk something like that. 

• Like 1

And it’s like not so much a pain in my ears tho it is sometimes but mostly just in my head, it like hurts my head.. I if you can move your ears it kinda feels like that. I know this sounds horrible but it’s kinda like makes me ears cringe.  It is actually a pain in my ears also. And it almost happens at any volume like even quite low. It’s becoming very frustrating. This doesn’t happen with other speakers..

Edited by JoeJoeThe3rd

3 hours ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

O hold so I can get a power tube amp to plug into my anthem, I was unaware of this. I want what will sound best. The best possible scenario. My price point is anywhere from 200-2000 give or take maybe a couple thousand lol. Idk something like that. 

Yes, you can get a stereo tube amp, to plug into the Anthem's pre-outs, instead of the Parasound,  like the one linked above.  Or tube mono blocks,  or an integrated tube amp to run independently of your Anthem.  They will all do the job quite nicely, depending on how you would like your system set up.  Some brands worth mentioning are:  Primaluna, Rogue audio, Line Magnetic, Cayin.  Check out some pics of tube amps owned by those here for ideas.

• Thanks 1