Powered floor standing speakers?

Jones

Hi, 

I recently bought a pair of R51 PM's that I am very impressed with. Now I want to get something similar but larger for a larger room. I like the look of the R28 PF, but are they discontinued? After doing lots of searching it seams like Klipsch currently does not offer any powered floor standing speakers anymore, and neither does anyone else. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jones said:

Hi, 

I recently bought a pair of R51 PM's that I am very impressed with. Now I want to get something similar but larger for a larger room. I like the look of the R28 PF, but are they discontinued? After doing lots of searching it seams like Klipsch currently does not offer any powered floor standing speakers anymore, and neither does anyone else. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Check these out.  The Klipsch R-28PF.  

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-28PF-Surround-Powerful-Standing/dp/B0763MRVRG/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=klipsch+r28pf&qid=1605717707&sr=8-5

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I notice a few retailers still seem to have a few left. Not sure if they are bluffing because they want me to rush buy before they are gone. I was hoping I could wait a bit and score a black Friday deal, but nobody seems to have them on sale.  999.99 everywhere. Funny that there isn't more of a market for these, in my opinion. I guess most people still just use an amp and passive speakers for towers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jones said:

Thanks for the replies. I notice a few retailers still seem to have a few left. Not sure if they are bluffing because they want me to rush buy before they are gone. I was hoping I could wait a bit and score a black Friday deal, but nobody seems to have them on sale.  999.99 everywhere. Funny that there isn't more of a market for these, in my opinion. I guess most people still just use an amp and passive speakers for towers. 

As s of now and they are floor standing Klipsch, for sure.

Maybe you can find a review somewhere. New speaker to me.

There are quite a few powered speakers out there, you just have to look in a different direction, like these from Behringer. Quite a few people over at AVS forum have brought these into the home for music and home theater. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-Eurolive-B115D-15-Active-1000W-2-Way-Powered-Speaker/264855773912?epid=1800227504&hash=item3daaa262d8:g:oGwAAOSwJnRfVCQA

Or these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QSC-K12-2-12-Two-Way-2000W-Powered-Loudspeaker/233729688264?epid=7033537921&hash=item366b6002c8:g:2REAAOSw4PNfc2FF

2 hours ago, Jones said:

Where are you located?  There's a pair for $400 that just showed up on the Minneapolis craigslist. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Where are you located?  There's a pair for $400 that just showed up on the Minneapolis craigslist. 

Thanks but don't think that will work as I'm in NH. I would also be skeptical about buying used speakers if they were not warranteed by a dealer. 

21 hours ago, YK Thom said:

There are all sorts of powered floor standing speakers available right now. None by Klipsch at the present time though. https://myhomespeakers.com/the-best-powered-floor-standing-speakers/

Thanks for link. Many of those speakers are not actually powered/active but there were a few good contenders. Unfortunately many of them also appear to be sold out. The KEF's look nice but still seems like R28 PF's are a better bang for the buck. The article was also unintentionally hilarious at times, like when they stated that floor standing speakers were giant and could reach as much as 3-4 "inches" tall. 

Yeah, still think I will probably go with the R28 PF, and I guess there isn't likely to a sale if Klipsch is no longer making them or anything comparable. 

4 hours ago, Jones said:

Thanks for link. Many of those speakers are not actually powered/active but there were a few good contenders. Unfortunately many of them also appear to be sold out. The KEF's look nice but still seems like R28 PF's are a better bang for the buck. The article was also unintentionally hilarious at times, like when they stated that floor standing speakers were giant and could reach as much as 3-4 "inches" tall. 

Yeah, still think I will probably go with the R28 PF, and I guess there isn't likely to a sale if Klipsch is no longer making them or anything comparable. 

1000.00 and free shipping. It's like a sore penis, you can't beat it.........

Shakey

• Haha 1

I've been looking a bit more a the KEF Q550. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07238Y3DM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

How do you think these would stack up against the RP 28PF's? The KEFs have smaller drivers but there are more of them... Also hard to tell if the KEF's offer the same rear panel connections-especially USB-that I really like on the Klipsch. Also do not appreciate the the KEF's are sold without grills while they include grills in the pictures, I mean who does that?

• Like 1