SVS SB-3000 with Cornwalls

tromprof

My wife and I are in the process of fixing up our living room now the kids are gone. I am currently using a tuba table sub with my 7.1 system with Cornwalls for LR and a Forte for the center. In an effort to open the room up a bit I am thinking of using two SVS SB-3000 subs in place of the tuba table. Anyone using the SVS with Cornwalls? 

I do with Heresys, awesome combo.  Started with dual SB-2000s and they were incredible for music but I wanted a little more low end so I switched to PB12-NSDs.  They have significantly more output below 40Hz.

So, I'd suggest SB I'd you're more into music and PB if you're more into movies. 

• Like 1

For the same price, if you are used to the Tuba output, you could get Hsu research 15" Vented subs.  Or, for a few hundred more, you could get 15" Vented PSA subs with b&c drivers and ice power amps.  Just adding a couple options in the same price range.   Scratch that, PSA has no tax and free shipping. Same price. 

• Like 1

@tromprof an indirect answer & I know @Westcoastdrums has experience with subs!

The SB-3000 has fantastic adjustments available to me on my Android phone. Phase is the most important to me.

So if it is the size making you want to do this "step down" from the table tuba I can comprehend. I tried a SB2000 the year prior and let it go back, the SB3000 doesn't detract from my Klipsch I can set it to fill in below 40hz and it blends well with my Forte IIIs. I'd never had down to 18hz before and it is good to have. Talk to our forum friend in Paducah, KY about SVS!

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Dang I must have got there prior to a change:smile:

Yup. That's what shifted my decision to PSA. Better drivers, better amps, same warranty, customer service and trial period.  Defonetely more performance and bang for the buck if their dimensions fit your needs.  

• Thanks 1

Well after doing lots more reading I decided to try the Monoprice Monolith 15 inch sub. I will go with a single since it is quite big (but loads smaller than the tuba table) and will fit my space well. Thanks to all who helped me look beyond just what SVS offers. BTW the Monolith is currently on sale for $1149 with 30 day return and 5 year warranty.

30 minutes ago, tromprof said:

Well after doing lots more reading I decided to try the Monoprice Monolith 15 inch sub. I will go with a single since it is quite big (but loads smaller than the tuba table) and will fit my space well. Thanks to all who helped me look beyond just what SVS offers. BTW the Monolith is currently on sale for $1149 with 30 day return and 5 year warranty.

Congrats.  Do a little digging yourself, but I thought I remember reading a couple forums (not here) where people were having issues with the amps in Monolith subs. Not sure if they fixed that issue or not.  

I have a 15" HSU Sub and it puts out a lot of deep bass in my living room. It was under $900 and sounds great with music and movies alike. Plenty fast enough to keep up with my Forte IVs that mid bass and ultra low bass adds so much to the listening experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Congrats.  Do a little digging yourself, but I thought I remember reading a couple forums (not here) where people were having issues with the amps in Monolith subs. Not sure if they fixed that issue or not.  

That was a concern of mine as well but after digging around on the AVS Forum it seems to be a non issue.

There are a couple of Youthman videos about this sub that helped make up my mind. It will be interesting to hear how it compares to the tuba table.