Topping PA5 is incredible.

CoryGillmore

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey now be careful guys... I've seen @ClaudeJ1 as he's spoken with experience and with proof to back it up.

I think he might be holdin' back right now...

Great comment.

Since version II is likely fixed an the only one available at an even lower price than the original, I would say the only fear is fear itself.

Whether these guys buy one or not will not change my life & audio happiness one iota.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Whether these guys buy one or not will not change my life & audio happiness one iota.

Unless yours will breake too:)

Any way mine arrived. Didn't hand a time to unpack it. But if it will confirm it's value, I'll probably buy 3 more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bacek said:

Any way mine arrived. Didn't hand a time to unpack it. But if it will confirm it's value, I'll probably buy 3 more.

I was thoroughly impressed with mine for what it is, especially for the price. All my speakers are direct radiator with pro 15" woofers (k-48 variants) and the amp did seem to struggle a bit driving those which is really no surprise. I can see many situations where one would be perfectly happy with the PA5, hopefully yours is one of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

OK @ClaudeJ1 Think I comprehend you a little more now having good KP-301s in a small environment. 

Now just need Danleys, love my cheapo hybrid monos with the rusky tubes!

I have owned 32 (still have some) of Tom's U.S.A. conical horn products over time.Lots of low distortion sound in small packages is his jam. He still plays bass along with his music. I hope Roy still plays drums an wears hearing protection. LOL.

I just designed and built a pair of d'Appolito reflex, twin 15" Eminence speakers with the latest concentric 2-way compression drivers in a PRV horn to replace the Klipsch Forte 1, just sold to my brother for his basement system. Leaving his Cornwalls upstairs for his wife's living room.

I'm bi-amping  the passive woofer & mid-tweeter section with 2 PA-5's. An original one (over 2 years old, never shut off) on the high end and a PA-5 II on the  bass, which of course uses 10-12 db more power than the horn portion. At 100 db/W sensitivity,, I never worry about enough power. I have finer control of relative amplitudes vs. Autoformers or resistors (it's "dial a fractional db control").

It's also called "great, useful watts" for the dolar.

Always look for what it Good in a product vs. the bad REVIEWS everyone else seems to seek incessantly, which prevents them from progressing in their quest for better sound.

• Like 1

Like 4 ohm K-48s!!

Guys I wasn't going for that punch line & throwing it at y'all with that well known video.

It was Jack's detailed what, how & why that I thought fit in with prior comment on the right that got me here.

homer-backs-into-bush.gif