For Sale: Gil McDermott's (WMcD) audio gear (McIntosh, Belles, Forte, etc.) - (please read)

opusk2k9

I got a quote from Audio Classics to make for boxes to ship the McIntosh gear.  They want $150 (shipped to CHI)  for a box for the MR74, MI3 & C26.  They want $175 for the 2505.  The buyer will pay for further shipping, but at least you can have a high expectation they will arrive undamaged. 

I looked them up and the prices Gil is asking are very nice.  See page 6.

• Like 1

UPS and Fedex have Packing services    but the client must bring the item to the packing location , Fedex have a fragile packing service   , most important , always add full insurance coverage  

https://www.theupsstore.com/about/pack-ship-guarantee

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/packing/supplies/boxes.html

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, JohnA said:

OK, its a new year and we need to get more of Gil's gear sold!  Prices listed above.  Make us an offer!

Are there any current updates as to what's still available and what's gone?  Any word on those AK4 crossover networks on being a matched pair?

Hi John,

Thank you for working on this to help all parties involved. Strokes are no fun my grandmother was paralysis on the right side due to several massive strokes.

I've been looking around the forum a bit off and on with thoughts of a speaker upgrade (running floor standing speakers from the early 2000s from Best Buy. They were the best/coolest I could get on a students budget in a small town.) I've just created an account so I can PM yet and I think my question will provide a bump and may help others.

I'm interested in the Belles, but really would only have space for two of them. Are they still available?

Thank you.

God bless,

Padua

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

What equipment do you have?

Hi Woofers and Tweeters. I'm at my parents right now and can't remember the exact speaker brand at the moment KBH maybe? I run a 5.1 channel Yamaha surround sound that my dad helped me get by trading in VISA points at the same time I got the speakers.  I'll get the brand and model numbers and get back with you. Suffice it to say it was/is less than ideal. Internet access is spotty for me so it will probably be Monday night before I'm able to reply.

God bless,

Padua

On 1/20/2024 at 5:28 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

What equipment do you have?

So I got a look at the makes and models. The Yamaha is a RX-V658. The speakers are a pair of KLH 9250L. Not to go off on too big of a tangent, but they have never really had the vibrant (not sure if that is the right word) sound that my dad's old 70s Toshiba had. The speakers don't really come 'alive' and sound good until I turn the volume up to a point that my sensitive ears can't handle.

God bless!

On 11/30/2023 at 9:45 PM, JohnA said:

Prices:

MR74 AM/FM TUNER $400 needs alignment, oscillates

McIntosh MI-3 oscilloscope for MR74 tuner (and others?) $400
c26 preamp, variable loudness, center channel output, speaker selection switch  built in $600
mc2505 ss amp with auto transformers and meters $600
3 Belle Klipsch $1200 each nice dolly stands
twin Quartetes $500 pair nice tractrix
K400 $200 each
K500 $200 each
K77 round or square $125 ea
AA xover oil $150 each
AK4  $200 each
Pioneer  15" woofer $75
Pyle 15" woofers $75
EVM 15L  (only EV for basshorn) $140
EV 15W (K?) 15 inch might be ev sourced khorn woofer $200

We strongly recommend personally picking up the McIntosh gear as the glass faces are somewhat fragile and difficult or impossible to replace/repair. 

Audio classics.com has or makes shipping boxes for McIntosh gear and we recommend getting a special box for shipping these.  I have asked them for a quote on the price for each box. 

See pics on page 1.

TTT

Update.  I/we have commitments and payment for the odd Belle and Quartets.  Still lots of stuff left and we'll update the inventory soon. 

I'm working on getting more info on what looks like wooden squawker horns and La Scala bass horns. 

23 hours ago, JohnA said:

Update.  I/we have commitments and payment for the odd Belle and Quartets.  Still lots of stuff left and we'll update the inventory soon. 

I'm working on getting more info on what looks like wooden squawker horns and La Scala bass horns. 

MR74 AM/FM TUNER $400 needs alignment, oscillates

McIntosh MI-3 oscilloscope for MR74 tuner (and others?) $400
c26 preamp, variable loudness, center channel output, speaker selection switch  built in $600. SOLD
mc2505 ss amp with auto transformers and meters $600. SOLD

3 2 Belle Klipsch $1200 each nice dolly stands. AB-2 Belle sold
twin Quartetes $500 pair nice tractrix  SOLD
K400 $200 each  SOLD

K500 $200 each
K77 round or square $125 ea
AA xover oil $150 each
AK4  $200 each
Pioneer  15" woofer $75
Pyle 15" woofers $75
EVM 15L  (only EV for basshorn) $140
EV 15W (K?) 15 inch might be ev sourced khorn woofer $200