A Question For Roy Delgado

AriesARuiz

@AriesARuiz

Some folks have enough of those fully horn loaded Klipsch already. I've always believed stereo was better with a speaker in each corner of the room!!

Have several quadrophonic records, but it's in the amp I believe, also the cartridge would have to read more than just two channels. When I was a teen my friend next door got a quad system for Christmas. That's the last time I'd seen one of those.

It was the year "Some Girls" by the Stones came out!

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@AriesARuiz

Some folks have enough of those fully horn loaded Klipsch already. I've always believed stereo was better with a speaker in each corner of the room!!

Have several quadrophonic records, but it's in the amp I believe, also the cartridge would have to read more than just two channels. When I was a teen my friend next door got a quad system for Christmas. That's the last time I'd seen one of those.

It was the year "Some Girls" by the Stones came out!

Shibata stylus does the job.

Then the processor does the rest.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, AriesARuiz said:

Have you heard of T.REX? And have you ever thought of making a Quadraphonic Hi-Fi System using the Klipschorn AK6's. Or the La Scala AL5's. Or the Jubilees?

Ha! I highly recommend the Electric Warrior DVD-A. SQ on all tracks is excellent in Multichannel Surround Sound. Btw, I found this just the other day and it brings a smile to my face remembering how cool Marc Bolin was: 

• Like 2

Just now, oldtimer said:

Shibata stylus does the job.

Then the processor does the rest.

Really?, though it would have to support the four separate channels. My bud had one quad lp at the time. Rick Wakeman's The Six Wives of Henry the Eighth.

Just now, oldtimer said:

Shibata is shaped correctly for the channels.

Look up the old vinyl systems and for quad the stylus had to be shibata, the processor took care of the rest.

No need now.

The 7.1 DVDs eclipse what the quad could EVER do.