YO, BOB GEE!

jdm56

Here awhile back you said that anyone waiting for heritage speakers could e-mail you or call klipsch "customer service" concerning their order. Well, I finally gave up on ever talking to a real human being in cs, so I e-mailed you. This was like about 10 day to 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for a reply, or else I missed it somehow. In the meantime, I did contact my dealer, Kief's A/V in Lawrence KS, about the status of my belle klipsch order which was placed 4/16/02. According to them, my belle is currently scheduled to ship 12/30/02. We'll see. But, if you're out there Bob, any additional info you could supply me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James: It looks like everyone is on Holiday break at Klipsch.

It is December 30th - can someone at Klipsch look at the shipments

for today and see if that single Belle is heading towards Kansas?

Too bad someone wasn't building these intricate time-consuming speaker boxes AHEAD of time, then all they'd have to do is install

the sparkers and trim it out. (I'm not a speaker builder - just throwing out verbals here to cause some trouble. Hope it helps them get their ship together.) In any case, I won't be creating any more havoc til next year.

NP - S.O.A.D. - Steal This Album

Hey DA,

Thanks for the bump. Maybe Bob Gee or someone will notice it and reply with some info on the status of my order. But I doubt it. And as for my 12/30 shipping date, I doubt that too.

Wait a minute...I know what happened. See, I ordered (and paid for) my new belle back in April of `02. APRIL, as in APRIL FOOLS! Get it? This whole thing is a big April fools joke; and I'm the April Fool. Man, those folks at klipsch sure do have a sense of humor. I'm laughing so hard now. You really should see me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man that's funny.14.gif

Hey James. There may be hope for ya-- I PM'ed BobG awhile back about my LaScalas. He told me to expect them by 12-30. Lo and behold, guess what showed up today?!? Santy Claus, wearin' bib overalls and drivin' a container truck! (I got a call from my local store owner about 11 this morning, telling my to come over and have the driver follow me out to my house, so I wouldn't have to make two trips in my shortbed! Damn decent of him-- I even tipped the driver for his effort.)

Unfortunately for me, the timing of all this really sucks... I'm getting married Friday. And I received an offer on my house over the weekend.

I didn't even bother to unpack the shipping cartons; If I'm going to be moving in a month or so, they'll just have to go into storage until Tina and I get settled.

Oh well-- at least they're here. If Bob said that yours are on the way, they probably are. Good luck!

OK . lets bump this back up top again, see what happens.

I don't believe there is another speaker builder out there that takes this much time, i wonder how many people have canceled there orders ?

One would think that custom orders would go first as there already sold.

No word from Bob G...don't know why he would say for us to email him about heritage orders if he did not intend to respond. Perhaps their is a good reason; illness? Who knows?

I am getting pretty peeved about the wait. Especially the number of dates I have been told to expect shipment, only to receive nothing.

Oh well, like they say, nothing in life is certain except death and taxes. For sure klipsch isn't.15.gif

It sounds like there is no answer to be found - they must be literally "underwater" with orders. It is sad to lay out money

with nothing to show for it - if it was your next door neighbor holding your cash he'd be in jail by now.

I am guessing that whatever news is out there isn't good, so prepare yourself for a few more weeks yet. Of course, we'd all love to be surprised and have it show up today or sooner.

Dale

I've got a theory on this: Suppose klipsch is filling orders taken after the price change first at this point? You know they wouldn't mind if I cancelled my order since it was at the old price. They would much rather lose that than to lose a new "high dollar" order, I suppose. Just a thought. In any event, it gets more ridiculous every day. They are just lucky that most people ordering new heritage are so devoted. But still, I intend to try to wring some kind of a deal out of this with my dealer. Maybe a nice new Yamaha RX-V1300 receiver, DVD-S2300 universal player and a CDR-HD1000 recorder at or near dealer cost would make me feel a little better about the whole ordeal. 11.gif

If, as another post indicates, Klipsch is introducing a new line of speakers at the trade shows in the next few weeks/months, you can well imagine the workload these guys have. I'm not trying to sound like a company flack, but Bob G's job is not customer service -- it's product training for their dealer network. The fact that he also moderates this forum (and a moderator is someone to just keep an eye on things so they don't get out of hand) means we get the benefit of his knowledge from time to time, as his time permits.

There are established channels of support for "us customers," and Bob G isn't part of them, IMHO.

Anyhow, I'm just suggesting to give him a break. He can't carry the company on his shoulders. 1.gif

ME???? Take over???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If I were to have anything to say about the production of the Heritage line, I would pull the entire operation for it OUT of the current plant, set it all up in another building(as far AWAY as possible from the current plant with its "Yep, I can operate a screw gun" labor force), and have well-paid CRAFTSMEN instead of "off-the street" hires building them!!! But, then again...I ain't in charge, am I??? LOL!

EDIT: One other point on the Heritage line...If I was in charge of it...I would also require that ANY dealer from Klipsch's dealer network that DID NOT provide a proper listening environment and MAINTAIN a pair of EACH of the Heritage line within that environment and properly set-up for listening tests by its customers would get ONLY a 5% handling charge when it ordered them for its customers, since it WOULD NOT BE that store's efforts that brought about the sale of them to begin with! Plain and Simple!! If the damned store wants the big profit, it can do what is required to EARN those profits, instead of just kicking back and enjoying the profits of customer-initiated orders without lifting a damned finger to make the sale!!! Again, plain and simple!! Those dealers would either "get with the program", or be left out of the profit-margin chain! Time to stop kissing dealers' butts, and start making them WORK for that huge profit margin they get!

----------------

On 1/5/2003 10:13:16 AM dougdrake wrote:

If, as another post indicates, Klipsch is introducing a new line of speakers at the trade shows in the next few weeks/months, you can well imagine the workload these guys have. I'm not trying to sound like a company flack, but Bob G's job is not customer service -- it's product training for their dealer network. The fact that he also moderates this forum (and a moderator is someone to just keep an eye on things so they don't get out of hand) means we get the benefit of his knowledge from time to time, as his time permits.

There are established channels of support for "us customers," and Bob G isn't part of them, IMHO.

Anyhow, I'm just suggesting to give him a break. He can't carry the company on his shoulders.
1.gif

----------------

Doug,

The fact is, Bob G specifically volunteered to answer questions from those who are waiting for heritage speakers to be delivered. I just would rather he had not offered, as to offer and then not follow through, that's all. I'm sure he is a fine fellow, and probably has quite a full workload. But that is quite beside the point.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Speakers will be produced and delivered only in klipsch' own sweet time. After all, they've got our money (had mine for 8 1/2 months now), and I really think they could not care less about how long customers are waiting. They are basically taking advantage of our enthusiasm and devotion to PWK's loudspeakers.

IMHO, of course.

Nah, I'm just trying to be patient. I have confidence in Kief's A/V's rep and also in Klipsch. They are testing it though!

Latest info: My belle is expected to ship 1/23/03. We'll see...Thanks to all for putting up with my belly-achin' and allowing me to vent "ad infinitum".

Sorry for the late reply. If you do not have your speakers as of today, please send me another PM. I will check each day. I have been travelling a lot without access to email or time to be watchful of this thread. My apologies as I understand you've been more that patient and it ain't easy.

FYI, Klipsch does not charge for product till it's shipped, so the company that has your money is in Lawrence KS, not Hope Arkansas. That's all beside the point cause the nice folks at Kief's cannot build your speakers and we are the bottleneck.

The Ears is upset with me because I will not respond to his inquiry about magnet weight on all RSW subs. I see no point in fueling arguments on such topics and choose to remain mum.

Anyhow, send me a PM as needed.

Bob