Art Appreciation Thread - Post photos of your Art 🖼

Full Range

Getting ready to drive a couple nails.  FINALLY back from the framer!  Such a great pleasure meeting Mr. Skelton after breakfast one morning.  I bought the coloring book and picture at a Columbus, Ohio gallery in the early 70's. 

The lady told me he was coming in the next weekend for a signing and there was NO WAY I was going to miss it!  The gallery was part of a high rise complex in downtown Cbus so I figured he'd be staying at the Hilton there.  Got up early and headed down and got lucky.  There he was eating breakfast so I waited in the lobby outside the hotel restaurant and we had a laff and a half that day.  He said drawing the coloring book was the most fun he ever had.  Then said there weren't many made.

Loved that guy as a kid and Freddie was my fav of favs.  :)

IMG-20220516-134848490.jpg

One of my dude's of all dude's!  LOVED Freddie!

IMG-20220516-135058575.jpg

IMG-20220516-135130100.jpg

:)

• Like 5

I have another one still in the tube ( not framed ) from the artist 

Shan Merry 

Title - Retrouvailles 

Shan-Merry was born in Paris in 1938. In 1957 she was a student at the School for Fine arts in Angers, France. Shan-Merry is a model-maker and designer of scarves for HERMES with a special "Profile" presented at the Museum of Horses in Chantilly. The year 1972 was the beginning of her painting career with her principal Parisian shows.

ResizeImageHandler.ashx?ImageFileSpec=E:

• Like 4

Daytona Serigraph celebrating the epic battle between Yamaha Square four 2-stroke @ 650cc's (kenny roberts and eddie lawson) and Honda FWS1000 Oval piston 4-stroke (freddie spencer) in 1983

14339894748_5c4f79f930_k.jpg

5435950783_6f14cf3076_c.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A little late to this thread - My wife and I decided to try to create something artistic one evening and basically both just started painting, spraying, gluing on a piece of plywood...I had masked off those bare line you see with blue painters tape that we removed after we'd finished and it was dry...this was the result - and we hang it proudly in our home.

EA0htfr.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 13Hertz said:

A little late to this thread - My wife and I decided to try to create something artistic one evening and basically both just started painting, spraying, gluing on a piece of plywood...I had masked off those bare line you see with blue painters tape that we removed after we'd finished and it was dry...this was the result - and we hang it proudly in our home.

EA0htfr.jpg

I like it 

Be proud of your art 

May look better in a nice frame 

• Like 2