Best sounding DVD??

proudestmonkey

Movie - DAS BOOT the directors cut in 5.1 - the water dripping sounds so real, richocetting nuts and bolts, foot steps, sound moving from center - fronts - surrounds as the camera moves in different directions, sounds of the depth charges and torpeoes. Awesome for the HT....

Music Pink Floyd Animals, Dark side of the moon

I agree with Monster Inc.

scott

----------------

On 1/6/2003 3:00:43 PM JasN00b wrote:

LOTR: FOTR

Matrix

and i bet LOTR:TTT will blow away almost anything when its out on DVD >=)
----------------

I bet it will,

and it will be louder.

I took my spl meter with me a couple of times when I went to see TTT and even in a THX theater it never got over 97dB.

Come on, I mean I get 97dB peaks with only a watt into my heresies.

And the 97dB was on the front row just to the left of the center so according to most THX theaters I should have been almost perfectly lined up with the subwoofer.

Peace, Josh

yes the sound in gladiator is great...esp the scene where that ball and chain is whipping around through the speakers....great 6.1 demo

and of course, the movie that started being interested surround sound, Jurrasic Park. feeling the footsteps in your room is like your right there....well i have to go watch that now.

joe

While I agree with (and own) just about all the previous suggestions... I would like to include "Piano Grande" the Smithsonians tribute to the 300th anniversary of the invention of the piano. It's a tour de force in dts with a full orchestral back-up. There's something there for just about almost every flavor of piano taste.

The best re-make of lost sound was probably "Lawrence of Arabia" whose original soundtrack was lost and the entire movie had to be re-recorded... including the actor's dialogue... twenty years after the original was made. An outstanding example of how far the sound gurus of today can make a great movie of yesterday become a star in this 5.1 (and above) era!

You know a movie has great sound when you can enjoy a re-play without having to look at the screen! That's Klipschin' it! =HornEd