Headphones

JohnA

I want a good to moderately good set of headphones for mixing sound. They have to be the isolating type and should be smooth and have flat frequency response. There used to be a heavy Koss model, but that was YEARS ago. I have owned and likes Sennheiser, but they let in too much ambient sound. What's available now?

Hey john long time no talk.

My best friend has a set of sennheiser eh 2270 they are amazing.

I take it you must have a dealer close to you ?

There are lots of models in the professional / studio work area . check out all the HD and EH models. Maybe you just need a different model than the one your useing now .

good luck : Dale

Thanks for the recommendations. i looked at Headphone.com, but I haven't seen what I want, yet. The PRO4AAs might just be it. What I know I want is a pair of David Clarks that have audiophile, stereo sound.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 1/8/2003 10:33:05 PM John Albright wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations. i looked at Headphone.com, but I haven't seen what I want, yet. The PRO4AAs might just be it. What I know I want is a pair of David Clarks that have audiophile, stereo sound.
----------------

Let me know if you're interested. My brother-in-law and I were in his parents basement over Thanksgiving and discovered his pair of Koss Pro4AA's sitting on a shelf, untouched for MANY years. He bought them when he lived there for a while as an adult and coudln't listen to music on speakers (heheheh). Anyway, I recall them being in pretty good shape if you're interested. I'm not sure what a fair price would be, but I'm sure he would be happy to know they're being used if you interested.

I have two sets of headphones I bought way back in the mid 1970's...that I still use on rare occassions...and don't laugh...because they are still working just fine, even though they are nowhere near "audiophile" quality!! My isolating headphones are just a pair of stereo Koss model K6LC, but my quad headphones (yes, you heard me right!!...QUAD HEADPHONES!! LOL!)are NON-isolating Koss Phase/2+2's...with ambience expanders, etc.(really just a neat toy...LOL!) I never really used headphones much except for cueing up when doing recordings or when cueing up as a DJ at parties...so I didn't really ever invest in any "audiophile" grade headphones, since I seldom listened to headphones for music enjoyment...preferring to use my speakers instead, for that!2.gif

Thanks everybody for the recommendations!

I'm just going to have to find some and listen. I've always liked Sennheiser and wore out one pair, but most of theirs are non-isolating. I think the Koss Pro-4AAs are the ones I remember. Maybe I can find a new set of those to test.

Why do the response curves of headphones look so bad?