Discontinued from Heritage Series...

jt1stcav

As a confused Newbie, I've looked around for answers pertaining to why the Cornwall model was discontinued from the Klipsch Heritage Series. Maybe the experts here can enlighten me, because I haven't yet found the answer!

Seems that since its demise in the early '90's, the Cornwall now has a sort of cult following (which I think is cool), but what I'd like to know is:

Can/should/will the Cornwall model ever be reserrected from it's grave, and brought back to life in the Heritage Series as the Cornwall III (still retain the appearance of the original Cornwall model, but with the latest Heritage upgrades found on the Klipschorn and others)?

Personally, if a Cornwall III was ever introduced back to the series, I'd buy a pair...would others be also interested?

I think HDBR started a thread like this last summer. You may want to search for it to see responces.

If I remember, the majority here would love to see the CornW make a comeback.

I doubt it would happen soon. Klipsh can't fill the orders they have now for the Heritage models they do offer.

JM

Several years ago Bruce Edgar interviewed PWK and others at Klipsch and Associates including Jim Hunter. It was stated, by Hunter I think (I have the article somewhere but don't feel like finding it), that the Cornwall was replaced by the Chorus for a couple of reasons. One reason was that the styling was considered old-fashioned, evidently sales were dropping. And people at Klipsch also considered the Chorus an improvement in performence, mainly because of it's better woofer.

TBrennan and others, thanks for the replies. I kinda figured that the syling was considered old fashioned back then (now it's retro), and that sales were slipping (what a shame). I'm not too familiar with the Chorus, but I didn't know it's specs were somewhat better, especially in the bass region (I'm a Newbie and still learning all the time). 5.gif

I still wish Klipsch would give the Cornwall a second chance, though...the Heritage Series seems incomplete (to me) without it! 15.gif

I think it may have been a little of many things IMHO.

1. WAF ...most chicks think they are too big. My wife calls the Chorus II pair I have little refridgerators.

2. 3 way crossovers are more expensive than 2 way.

3. Shipping cost Belles are 35 pounds heavier and about 18 inches wider than RF7. Much more expenvive to ship a pair. You can almost ship a pair of RF7 in the same fotprint as one Belle. Belle is a bit shorter.

4. No plywood and "folded horn" labor in a RF7.

Like Dean said in another thread...

"People born in the past 35 years have been raised on dome tweeters and SS amplification"

...and of course the invention of the past 20 years digital audio.

I realized people used to dance at house parties 30+ years ago; now digital music is white noise in the background of most parties.

The times they are a changin

Dylan

----------------

On 1/12/2003 12:00:39 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

..."The times they are a changin'".

Dylan

----------------

...And not always for the best. But Dylan's right; oh well, regardless...I have my Cornwalls, they sound pretty damn good with my SS MC250 (much better with a MC275 or equivelant tube amp), and I'm not givin' them up, even if I win the Klipschorns from the Storyteller contest! 9.gif

It makes sense to make Heritage special order items. They are big and they don't come cheap. It isn't like Tweeter or whoever is going to have a set of $4000 LaScalas sitting out on the floor and move a dozen a month.

Heritage is way cool, but it's not going to move like Reference.