just ordered RF-5's

prodj101

well, I went and did it. I know this seems spontaneous, and it is in a way, but heres my train of thought: RF-3's, not enough, RF-5's, my fav of all ref series besides 7's, RF-7's, too damn big to get mom aproval, lascala's, way to big, but cheaper than RF-7's, and than those damn B&W's, just too expensive, but might be nice since I'd never have to buy speakers, but I like klipsch the most of all the speaker companies. I went threw this maybe 100 times, but always end up landing on RF-5's. they are closest to RF7's that I can fit in my micro room, and the best in the 1,000 dollar price range. I got them in cherry finish, and I'm looking forward to seeing just how badly they slaughter my SF-2's, 11.gif

What ever happened to the $8,000 you were saving for a pair of shiny black BMWs (Nautilus 802s)?

I seem to recall several weeks ago you didn't want anything to do with the Reference series speakers.

Quote:

"I like to spend money on audio equipment. you might think RF-7's are enough, but not for me 11.gif ."

or

"I don't want RF-7's because they're just not good enough over what I already have to make them worth spending 1,500 dollars on."

Oh well, who needs BMWs anyway.

Congrats on the speakers dude.

I have not heard that many klipsch speakers, only the three that I own, John Albright's setup and some heresies at a park back home.

I was going to check out what they had at tweeter while I was home for christmas but I was too busy.

Those Reference speakers sure do look nice though, the cherry finish is a good choice.

I'm sure you will let us know what they sound like when you get them2.gif

Peace, Josh

Ok I had some more thoughts about your new speakers,

Man is that cool.

It just hit me that those speakers could last you the rest of your life if you wanted them to.

My klipsch and JBL speakers are from 1981 and they are going strong.

A good set of speakers seems to me like it can be a good investment for a lifetime.

Just don't listen too loud, once your hearing is gone you can't get it back.

Peace, Josh

you did good, and as far as rf 5's for rears, you wont be disappointed there either, that is where mine currently rest, but they are not quite a timbre match for my corns so my son will get these and i will sell the rf 3's and rc 7, but in my opinion you are planning in the right direction12.gif