Will the storyteller contest winner please post here

Jim Cornell

We all thought Al Gore won too, but no, the judges decided differently. Congratulations to the winners, those are some very fine stories. I think Andrew Barrs story is well spoke. But no honorable mention for Ray Garrisons heart warming story! That sucks. His tale of Klipsch intertwined with his life is not commercial perhaps, but it teases out a tear nonetheless. A true believer and major supporter of this forum, who had to give up his big old horns recently, Ray deserves at least an honorable mention.5.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/16/2003 3:15:24 PM j-malotky wrote:

Ive been reading the winners stories and looked up Rays. Oh My God, Ray what a loss. I am so sorry to hear what you have been through.

The one guy with the car story - and he beat Rays story. COME ON!!!!

JM
----------------

ditto.

There we go again. Look who brings up Politics Colon in a thread that has Nothing to do with it. A Damned Liberal. LOL Liberals are a sad, pathetic Story for sure. LOL

I don't care if I get some Heat, BUT THIS LIBERAL DISEASE SPREAD ON THIS BOARD MUST BE STOPPED. My case is proven AGAIN and AGAIN. Liberal deadbeats have to Spread their crap ON EVEN AUDIO boards. Then they Whine that Politics are so important and Why oh why Can't we Discuss them? LOL OHHH PLEAAASE.

hey everyone, coooooooooooool it, watch as toejam dances on the side, it's soothing. Sure, I'm not one to talk about cooling it, but I read something that made me change my mind about some things the other day. I pulled out my tae kwon do reference book the other day just for fun, and read the following, which we originally learned in the white belt stages:

when facing an opponent, there are 3 possible outcomes. One- you will win the fight, Two- he will win the fight, or Three- you will both come out behind because any experienced fighter knows it is almost always impossible not to take a hit in a fight. The most experienced fighters will always choose to fight only under the most demanding circumstances, because they realize that 3 is the most common outcome.

Ok, that said, we all know neither of you are going to win this argument. It's just not something thats possible considering we're on a forum on the internet. So 3 is the only possible outcome. Except in this case, instead of both of you leaving the floor with cracked ribs and black eyes, you will leave with a slightly worse reputation, and a little less respect. think about it before you post again. That, or go take tae kwon do, it's fun. I had to quit because that a few times a week, school, and music lessons just became too much, but I'm thinking about going back again in the summer. now I know I might come of as sounding silly and weak here, but it's just a true fact.

Prodj...I am just trying to get the guy to wake up to reality. No war going on here...one thing about me is that I call em as I see em...LOL!

BTW...I did lots of time in Tae Kwon Do...back when it was not so profit-oriented in this country...in addition to a few other styles(both here and abroad)...my favorite being Hap Ki Do...due to its extreme versatility and combination of so many things that are generally found only through the combining of much of Judo with at least one or two other martial arts forms, including, of course, its Korean little brother, Tae Kwon Do...or at least Tae Kwon Do's progenitor, Tae Kyon! Hap Ki Do is a well-rounded package...but it sure is hard to find many REAL instructors around for it! Of course, that is also a good thing...since it should never be taught except to those who have the true mindset for it...Hap Ki Do is not for youth...it is for mature individuals! My moving so far away from my instructor kinda ended my joy in continuing with it though!...I am sad to say.

You left out the number one thing of the FOUR possibilities...that is feet...you can always walk away...unless you are cornered and have NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE!! Granted, I have NOT walked away...but neither have I given or received any blow...rather I have made a positive suggestion...more than once, lately...help is NEEDED...and I hope it is sought out soon!...though I feel I am beating a dead horse in suggesting it! LOL!